Here you can find answers to questions about how the board works. Use the links or search box below to find your way around.
- Forum Rules
- General Help
Managing Your Account
- How do I change my settings?
- How do I change my Avatar?
- How do I customize my profile?
- How do I reset my user profile to the default?
- How do I edit my signature?
- Can I use images in my signature?
- How do I manage my privacy?
- How do I manage my notifications?
- What are Subscribers?
- How do I ignore another member?
- Using Private Messages
- Using Visitor Messages
- What is Reputation?
- Creating Content
- Managing Blogs
- Managing Groups
- Managing Photo Albums
- BBCode Reference
- * We encourage productive debate and discussion but we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. CookingForums.net has the final decision in these matters.
- * Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- * Multiple or repeated posting without meaningful content in order to increase your post count is not allowed and can result in suspension.
- * Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- * Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- * We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate CookingForums.net community standards. The Cookingforums.net moderation team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- * Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- * Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- * This is a Cooking related forum. Please restrict discussions to cooking ingredients, recipes, techniques and food related issues. Discussions on politics and/or religion are not allowed in any section of this forum.
- * While political discussions are not allowed, food policy issues will be allowed but they are not to turn into partisan political discussions. These types of discussions will be closely monitored.
- * We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- * The primary language for this forum is English. If you are posting in a non-English language please also provide a translation. Our moderators cannot moderate languages they are not familiar with.
- * Posts arguing about CookingForums.net policies are not allowed. You can contact us if you have an issue with our policies.
- * Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- * While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- * You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal. This includes Youtube links. No Youtube links are allowed due to the amound of spam.
- * You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests without prior permission.
- * We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
- * Linking to a commercial product/service is fine providing the link does not include an affiliate code.
- * Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- * A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and not a competitor of CookingForums.net can be used.
- * Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- * All signatures must be made in English
- * Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
- * Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following limits
- * You can't have both text and images in your sig
- * For text signatures: 3 lines normal size. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- * Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- * For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
- * Animated images in a signature are not allowed
Although the administrators and moderators of CookingForums.net will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is not always possible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author and neither the owners or moderators of CookingForums.net will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.