How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Celebrate New Year's Eve?

Do you prefer to go out somewhere or would you rather stay in and have a house party? We normally stay at home and invite people over. We have a pot luck party almost every year. What do you do?

In recent years, we haven't really done anything for New Year's Eve. It's always very quiet and sedate, and that's fine by us! Better to be off the roads on New Year's Even anyway.

Comment

We don't head out to party it up anymore, we are past that stage in our lives right now plus I despise traveling when I know a bunch of drunk people are going to be on the roads. We still do a nice dinner and party a little (light) but the only rule is that if you drink in our house, you turn the keys over and bring pajamas to sleep in.

Comment

We stay home so I can drink as much as I like!

Comment

We go out to dinner every year. After dinner we head to a family members house for the night. We play games and just have fun. I don't like being out and about because there are too many drunks on the road.

Comment

My husband and I prefer to stay home. We don't entertain , nor do I prepare anything special to eat. Perhaps this year we'll have Spaghetti and Meatballs, or some sort of Lasagna, along with a non-alcoholic wine.

Raizin, I like your idea of a pot luck party!

Comment

I am actually planning a big New Year's dinner. I was digging around lately and I found this awesome cookbook online for with like over 300 recipes..I have a passion for books and cooking so i personally love it when "food is written on paper" haha.. anyways this cookbook is amazing I hope to impress so my guests this time around.. if anyone's interested here it is

http://tinyurl.com/p22nmq2

I get hungry just talking about it errr

<3 forever in love with it! Paleo Cookbook(; Happy Holidays Ya'll!!

Comment

SPAMMER
                OMG! I decided to blog!

Comment

Actually, SilverSage, that one sounds kind of interesting. I might look into getting that book.

But I have not made any plans yet for New Year's yet. I was invited over to a friend's house, but not sure if I'm going over though.
                  ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

In new year eve I generally watch some movies with my family and go for a long drive with them.

But last year due to my examinations i was not able to celebrate new year in that way.
                    Android application development companies | iPad application development

Comment

I celebrate it any way I please. LOL. Last year, I just stayed home and stayed up on my PC 'til after midnight.

Comment

Lots of cooking, lots of liquor, and lots of eye-rolling because of relatives. lol

Comment

found a lot of useful information, I am pleased to join your community!
                          192.168.1.1 192.168.1.1

Comment

Hello! We are at home with friends and parents. Let's play a game.

Comment

Our Organization celebrate new year at hill Station this is 500 KM away from our Home Town.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

• Eowyn01
                                your favorite asian dish
                                Eowyn01
                                Just wondering if any of you is interested in the Asian cuisine as well and if so what's your favorite dish? I, for example, am a huge fan of Korean and...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • nopeda
                                Trying to learn something about Asian seafood seasoning
                                nopeda
                                Hi,

I've been to several Chinese/Asian(?) buffets over the years and especially like the "seafood delight" that they offer. They...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • aruze9
                                What can you do with banana peels?
                                aruze9
                                Bananas taste really good, right? The fruit is always in my daily diet. In addition, it can bring about many health benefits such as reducing stress,...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • cedar
                                Beef Stew for Pot Roast?
                                cedar
                                Hello!

I am crock potting a pot roast for church Sunday (pot luck).
                                I usually get the McCormicks pot roast seasoning pouch but they...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • Eowyn01
                                fresh meat in the forum
                                Eowyn01
                                Hey there, Emily here, completely new to the forum and basically anything forum-related haha I'm a 31-year-old goofball who just loves to cook even...
                                3 weeks ago
                              Working...
                              X