What are some sweet desserts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some sweet desserts?

I went on a no-sugar diet for a month and I ate a poptart and they taste kind of nasty now- so I want to make something that isn't too sweet. Overly-sweet things are gross to me now. Any good idea? Like, homemade jam to cut sugars,granola bars with low sugar, etc.

You could always try something like carrot muffins or banana bread. Usually those don't have so much sugar and they tend to be a tad bit less sweet than the regular "cakes". The sweetest part of most of those things is the frosting or topping, so if you try to make something and don't include the topping, then you might be fine.

Comment

I've noticed that when I buy pastries, the ones at the European bakery are not as sweet as the ones I get pretty much everywhere else. Perhaps if you find some traditional European recipes, you'll automatically find less sweet treats.

Comment

When I want something with a little sweetness to it, I make yogurt parfaits. A half cup of yogurt, some fruit, and a little granola make for a nice, filling treat. Drizzle honey or agave nectar on top to add sweetness. I've even seen people add chocolate syrup!

Comment

[Edited by moderator for chronic spamming. Post was deleted and abuser has been BANNED.]
          Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 12-22-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I just banned him earlier today for posting spamming links.
            ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

You welcome! That's alright.

He was doing it in a sneaky way through posting off topic & chronic spamming links as sigs in all his posts.

Don't know what kind of Gottcha game he thought that he was playing, but I saw right through that, edited all 5 of his posts and banned the crap out of him!!
              ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

YUM! I haven't have Banana Bread in ages! Please tell me someone on here has a delicious recipe that I could pinch?

Comment

Thanks PappaLazarou I'll have a look now

Comment

Finish your meal on a sweet note with this great selection of dessert recipes including cheesecake, tarts, chocolate cake, pudding, ice-cream, sorbet and so much more.

Comment

I like home made granola bars because I use half honey and half sugar in my bars and so they are moderately sweet.

Comment

I like strawberry pudding, which can be prepared easily and can be good dessert. http://bit.ly/1PdH9YC

Comment

I suggest you try a sugar free or reduced-sugar cake mix. I'm baking a Pillsbury sugar free devil's food cake for my friend's birthday in August (he has diabetes). But, I hope this can be of help to you. They also have sugar free brownies. However, instead of regular sugar, they do put alcohol sugar in these mixes.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X