giant cup cake recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giant cup cake recipe

Does anyone have a good recipe for a giant cup cake. I have made a couple but they seem a bit stodgy no matter how long I bake them for. Help! I have promised my friend one for an upcoming birthday.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know any, but if I find a good one, I will post it on here. Good luck!
    My Food Blog : Eat Like No One Else ~ http://www.eatlikenoone.com

Comment

Yea send me that recipe too LoL
      Check out my recipes

Comment

Two suggestions: (1) Have you checked this site for cake recipes? There are a lot of good recipes here for cakes that would work as a giant cupcake.
        (2) Try using a packaged cake mix. You shouldn't have any problems with it if you follow the directions.

Good Luck. Let us know how your cupcake turns out.

Comment

i have found myslef asking the same question before, dont go over the top on cream, lots of people do and are sorry,

come on use your imagination, throw things together and dont forget to lick the spoon lol
          mmmmm, mexican fajitas

Comment

Haha my eyes lit up when I saw the thread title "Giant Cupcake Recipe" but sadden when I didn't see a recipe.... But it did inspire me to try making my own Giant Cupcake! I also saw that they had a mold for it online. Yes, please let us know how your cupcake came out. Lots of luck to you!

Comment

it looks like baking a giant cupcake might be hard to bake. I would suggest using a wedding cake batter recipe (pound cake-like), they will be fairly sturdy. Wilton also makes a metal tube type thing that is placed in the middle of the cake to help the center bake (this is used for large cake layers, you just remove it after baking.

Here are a couple recipes from the wilton site.
              http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Chocolate-Pound-Cake

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Cream-Cheese-Pound-Cake
              Check out my baking blog! bakingbetter.com

Comment

i just got a giant cupcake tin for my birthday and cant find a recipe if u find one can u let me know

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake beginner View Post
                  Does anyone have a good recipe for a giant cup cake. I have made a couple but they seem a bit stodgy no matter how long I bake them for. Help! I have promised my friend one for an upcoming birthday.

Thanks in advance.
                  Carrot Cake is actually very good for giant cupcake. I had made last weekend an eleven (11) lb cake I took to a camping trip. It was moist and very light.

3 cups all-purpose flour
                  1.5 cups granulated sugar
                  1 Tablespoon baking soda
                  1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
                  1 1/4 cup canola oil
                  4 large eggs, lightly beaten
                  1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
                  1 1/2 cups shelled walnuts, chopped
                  1 cup shredded coconut
                  1 1/2 cups graded cooked carrots
                  8 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained
                  Pinch of salt

Boil the carrots until tender, drain the water an while warm grate on a cheese grater (small size).
                  Measure all the other ingredients.
                  Mix wet ingredients, then mix all the dry ingredients, then combine the mixes.
                  Make sure there are no lumps in the mix.

Do not fill the pan more than 2/3.
                  Pour into the prepare pan and bake @ 350F for 50 minutes or more depend on your oven temperature. Do not take the cake out of the oven if a toothpick inserted in the middle does not come out clean.

Let cool completely, at least 2 hours before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

16 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
                  12 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
                  2 teaspoons vanilla
                  Grated lemon rind (optional)
                  2 lb confectioners sugar, sifted

Mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla and lemon rind, then at a very low speed mix in the confectioners sugar until all is incorporated. Then mix at high speed until the frosting is white, fluffy and doubled in volume.
                  For a better decorating result, chill the frosting for 1 hour.

Note:
                  If using bundt cake pan, bake for 50+ minutes
                  If using (2) 9-inch pans, bake for 30+ minutes
                  If using individual cupcakes, bake 25+ minutes

+ means 5 to 10 minutes the most.
                  Last edited by Cuisinette; 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM. Reason: Adding the Note:

Comment

Dag, those look GOOD!!
                    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Hahaha! They really mean it when they said giant cupcakes. Anyways, the recipe looks rather easy to make. Would definitely want to try this one out during the weekends.
                      My site: Annuities

Comment

Thank you.

I hope you will like it. As a professional baker and I like my desserts a little on the low sugar level.
                        For me it is a bit sweet, but my friends say the sugar level is just right... I am used to the European desserts

But the taste is devine... I should say is one of the best I have ever had.

Comment

Since this thread contains one or more recipes, I moved it to the Pie & Cake forum.

Thank you.
                          ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Whats the difference between a cake and a giant cupcake?

Comment

That's amazing. A giant cupcake, is what i'm thinking now to present to my love on this Weekend.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X