Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on desserts

Hello,
    I have a project for school where I need to create a 5 item dessert menu. It needs to include; frozen, custard, chocolate, fruit, and a specialty (vegan, gluten free etc.) The desserts should have a functional garnish, 3-5 0z of the main part of the dessert, 2-3 oz of sauce. This is what I'm thinking so far. I would love to hear any opinions including any ideas for names.

Chocolate:
    2 homemade oreos with a shooter of cold milk that has been infused with earl grey tea. Possibly another shooter of hot chocolate. Any ideas for a garnish? I was thinking that the shooter(s) could double for a garnish.

Frozen:
    meringue cup with sangria sorbet. Any ideas for a sauce or garnish? Maybe something to cut the sweet?

Fruit:
    individual still warm pineapple upside down cake with a scoop of coconut sorbet. The coconut sorbet would have a pineapple reduction on top. For a garnish a pineapple shaped very thin crunchy cookie to stand behind it, possibly a twill of some sort.

The half baked ideas:

Custard:
    I really don't know. I wanted to do Mexican chocolate frozen custard with a fried tortilla strip rolled in cinnamon and sugar, but I think that might be too many frozen things on the dessert menu. What are your thoughts? Any other ideas?

Specialty:
    slice of flowerless chocolate mint cake. If I did this and the Mexican chocolate ice cream. It would make the desserts mostly chocolate though and I don't want that.

Any feedback/ opinions would be awesome.
    Thanks

For the Chocolate course, you could do one shooter and then make the milk/earl grey as a foam topping.

The sangria sorbet sounds delicious.

For the Fruit dish, consider using a different fruit than pineapple. You can easily add some originality to a well-known dessert this way. Maybe peach or cherry.

Comment

You can use mango flavor ice cream as a desert and the recipe is : INGREDIENTS
      • Mango puree - 1¾ cups (puree from about 3 mangoes)
      • Heavy whipping cream - 1½ cups
      • Sugar - ¼ cup + more (1/4 cup of sugar is perfect to sweeten the cream + more as required as per your mangoes' sweetness)
      • Pure vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. Puree the mango with enough sugar to make it sweet.
      2. Chill bowl, heavy cream and whisk in the freezer for 10 minutes for easier whipping.
      3. Add ¼ cup of sugar to the cream and start beating it using whisk attachment till you get stiff peaks. Do not over beat otherwise it will curdle.
      4. Then add pureed mango and vanilla.
      5. Fold them in using spatula; pour it into a freezer safe shallow container. Cover it and let it half set. It will take about 4 hours.
      6. Once half frozen then remove it to the blender and blend it into smooth, so ice crystal will break.
      7. Pour it back to the same container. Cover with plastic wrap. Make sure that plastic touches to the surface of the ice cream. Thus there will be no ice crystal on the surface once frozen.
      8. Let it set completely. Scoop and serve.

Comment

Coffee cake with coconut cinnamon topping can be prepared. http://bit.ly/1S2ahrY

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X