Besides rice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides rice?

I used to eat rice with dinner every night but after a while I just got tired of it. What other grain sides are there to be had besides rice?

Quinoa, barley, wheat berries
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.

“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.”
    -Dave Barry

Comment

Couscous is nice but I only eat that as a side with a salad.
      Have you tried doing something different with your rice? I love rice and get tired of it as I take the microwave rice to work (they always laugh and me eating so much rice) as it's quicker.
      You could buy some stir fry sauces or curry. Or buy a Pilau rice seasoning or curry powder.
      I love Rice usually I fry it and have it in a stir fry but lately I've just been boiling it and adding curry. I think I might start making it for work again

Comment

Low fat mashed potatoes, corn, fruit, salads, or any kind of beans. "Beans are a unique combination of fiber, protein and vitamins and minerals," says Utt. "They are a marvelous source of protein, and they may help us reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers. That's a pretty strong resume."
        Also whole grains. Government nutritional guidelines say that eating at least 3 ounces of whole grains a day can reduce the risk of chronic disease and help maintain a healthy weight.

Comment

Enlighten me, what is Utt ?

Comment

You can try brown rice if you're tired of eating plain rice. If you don't want rice at all, I recommend quinoa, barley, or oatmeal.

Comment

Quinoa and barley are great. Or skip the grains and go with root vegetabkes. Parsnips, rutabagas, sweet potatoes...all make wonderful sides whether grilled, mashed, etc.

Comment

According to health-freaks around the world, grain of all kinds are unnecessary. Real humans eat only meat, fruits, and vegetables.

Meat should be eaten 3-4 times a week only.

Vegetables and fruits can be eaten 24/7. But avoid orange, lemon, lime, and citrus fruits 2 hours before bed time.

Comment

According To the medical Advice Besides rice is healthy for all age of people but this not a must but you can choose another types of rice also and take in lunch or dinner

Comment

It reminds me of the Philippines a bit where every meal has rice and many restaurants offer 'unlimited rice' so you can have as much as you want... they love it there.

There's lots of meals where I can't really imagine taking rice out, like a curry, but a variation you might want to try is 'coconut rice.' Basically just cook your rice in coconut milk instead of water and it has a delicious coconut flavor.

Another alternative would be sticky rice.

If you want to get away from rice entirely then I think couscous is a great alternative as suggested by someone else. A nice bread roll or perhaps a pita bread is another option.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X