Porcini mushrooms and risotto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porcini mushrooms and risotto

We had dinner with friends on the weekend and they made a risotto with dried porcini mushrooms. It was really good and I'm amazed at how strong the porcini mushrooms tasted. She soaked the mushrooms most of the day and then added it to the risotto as it cooked. It had a wild, earthy flavor that I really enjoyed.

I love porcini mushrooms and I love mushroom risotto. It's actually my favorite kind of risotto. Did she use chicken or vegetable stock in the risotto?

Comment

I love mushroom risotto too, but I have never tried it with porcini though. For the stock, I normally use chicken stock. What does everyone else use?

Comment

She used chicken stock, Raizin but with porcini I imagine the taste would come through even with a vegetable stock. I think the mushroom's flavor is strong enough that you don't taste the stock.

Comment

Porcini - the King of Mushrooms. I make a wild mushroom risotto with porcini that is outstanding. There is no need to soak the dried porcini for 'most of the day'. They reconstitute in 30-60 minutes. Just be sure to save the soaking liquid -- strain it and use it for part of the stock in the risotto. I typically use chicken stock, but any well flavored stock will work. I usually make mine the traditional way, stirring by hand in a saucepan.

Tiger Lily makes a great mushroom risotto in her pressure cooker. I'm sure she'll be along soon to share it with you.

OMG! I decided to blog!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSage View Post
            Porcini - the King of Mushrooms. I make a wild mushroom risotto with porcini that is outstanding. There is no need to soak the dried porcini for 'most of the day'. They reconstitute in 30-60 minutes. Just be sure to save the soaking liquid -- strain it and use it for part of the stock in the risotto. I typically use chicken stock, but any well flavored stock will work. I usually make mine the traditional way, stirring by hand in a saucepan.

Tiger Lily makes a great mushroom risotto in her pressure cooker. I'm sure she'll be along soon to share it with you.

Thank You SS.

The recipe is posted here >http://www.cookingforums.net/forum/r...shroom-risotto

(Side Note: I was going thru some of my old posts and noticed some were missing. I had to repost some of my recipes and this was one of them. Note sure how many other have disappeared but I will be posting recipes as I can.)
            Last edited by tigerlilly; 03-06-2015, 08:23 AM.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.

“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.”
            -Dave Barry

Comment

Original is still there tigerlilly.
              http://www.cookingforums.net/forum/r...shroom-risotto
              “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
              – Julia Child

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

Working...
              X