Fava Beans Puree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fava Beans Puree

The winter is around the corner and beans are one of the best foods you can eat during this cold weather. I made dried fava beans puree the other day and it was delicious. Does anyone like fava beans?

I love fava beans, but I have only eaten them fresh. I have never even seen them dry. I guess I never looked for them. How did you make your puree?

Comment

I love fava beans and am curious about the puree. My mother-in-law makes fava chips. She soaks her fava beans to soften the skin, peels them and fries them until they brown. She lets them cool and add a bit of salt and ground hot pepper to them. They are delicious, like a crunch chip.

Comment

I have fava beans growing in my garden right now. I use them fresh in salads, pasta, soups stews, and buttered as a side veggie. They are delicious added to sauted peppers, sauages, and tomato sauce. I have made hummus from fresh fava using the usual hummus ingredients --
        olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, fresh herbs, etc. I also freeze them for future use. They are as versatile as any other bean. I have, however, never used dried fava.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

• Gillian
          Our microwave combi stopped working!
          Gillian
          We have had our combi for just a few years - you could use it as a convection oven, grill (broiler in American speak) or microwave cooker or microwave...
          3 weeks ago
        • Gillian
          Rock Buns
          Gillian
          A long time ago a friend and I made some rock buns - also known as rock cakes - for my mum. It was my friend's recipe and although she gave me the recipe,...
          6 days ago
        Working...
        X