Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make my doughnuts fluffier??

image_2525.jpg Hey guys,

Great to be on the forum with all the cooks out there doing what they do best. I am hoping that one of you guys on here can help me out with my little problem. i have recently taken on an easy project of making doughnuts, anything from plain to chocolate or jam! But for some reason they are very dense and heavy for a doughnut treat.

Recipe
    Plain Flour - 350g
    Butter - 30g
    yeast - 8g
    Caster sugar - 50g
    Milk - 1/2 cup
    Eggs - 1
    Water - 1/4 cup
    Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon

Really simple recipe and really simple mix but i just can't get it right...

Start by mixing the plain flour and caster sugar until mixed well.
    Add butter and mix/crumble up until an even mixture
    Add in the Yeast and mix together
    After this is done create a well in the middle of the flour mix and add your egg, milk and water.
    Mix well until you have a sticky dough, flour down the side a need for about 10-15 mins then leave for 1hr
    After this need again for 30 seconds before rolling and cutting out the doughnuts
    Heat pan of oil on medium to low heat wait until hot then add the doughnuts
    Wait until golden brown on each side turning them part way through, drain off and add sugar

Doughnuts are finished!!

So guys where am i going wrong or how can i make them a lot fluffier?? Really looking forward to some reply's guys!!

Thanks

Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-17-2017, 06:40 PM.

This style of doughnut is typically heavy to begin with but you can make it a bit lighter.
    Add a teaspoon of baking powder to the dry ingredients and decrease your kneading time to 3-4 minutes. You can also substitute some of the all purpose flour for cake flour.
    “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
    – Julia Child

Comment

I'd like to try making donuts one day, but I need a rolling pin.
      ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by ChefBlue View Post
        This style of doughnut is typically heavy to begin with but you can make it a bit lighter.
        Add a teaspoon of baking powder to the dry ingredients and decrease your kneading time to 3-4 minutes. You can also substitute some of the all purpose flour for cake flour.

Right then my next doughnut date will have to be tonight to try this new and improved recipe!! i'm hoping this is going to work!! I will get back to you tomorrow !!

THANKS

Comment

This mix worked out a lot better than the previous!! THANKS!! I am going to make a batch over the weekend and decorate. I will get pictures up here asap!!

Comment

Glad it worked out. Looking forward to the photos.
            – Julia Child

Comment

Wright now i have that under control could i ask one more question please!

How and when is the best to fill the doughnuts with jam???

Thanks guys so much help
              Attached Files

Comment

The best time to fill them is as soon as they have cooled to room temperature. Use a piping bag with a tube tip.
                – Julia Child

Comment

Originally posted by AnewME View Post
                  [ATTACH]n76766[/ATTACH] Hey guys,

Great to be on the forum with all the cooks out there doing what they do best. I am hoping that one of you guys on here can help me out with my little problem. i have recently taken on an easy project of making doughnuts, anything from plain to chocolate or jam! But for some reason they are very dense and heavy for a doughnut treat. I have tried using some Cheap doughnut pans and then just cutting the shapes my self and all work well, apart from the density.

Recipe
                  Plain Flour - 350g
                  Butter - 30g
                  yeast - 8g
                  Caster sugar - 50g
                  Milk - 1/2 cup
                  Eggs - 1
                  Water - 1/4 cup
                  Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon

Really simple recipe and really simple mix but i just can't get it right...

Start by mixing the plain flour and caster sugar until mixed well.
                  Add butter and mix/crumble up until an even mixture
                  Add in the Yeast and mix together
                  After this is done create a well in the middle of the flour mix and add your egg, milk and water.
                  Mix well until you have a sticky dough, flour down the side a need for about 10-15 mins then leave for 1hr
                  After this need again for 30 seconds before rolling and cutting out the doughnuts
                  Heat pan of oil on medium to low heat wait until hot then add the doughnuts
                  Wait until golden brown on each side turning them part way through, drain off and add sugar

Doughnuts are finished!!

So guys where am i going wrong or how can i make them a lot fluffier?? Really looking forward to some reply's guys!!

Thanks

Tonight i am going to make an attempt at perfect jam doughnuts!! When i have finished them i will post a picture, hopefully of perfection!!
                  I just wan't to say thanks to everyone for helping me!! This is a great forum
                  Last edited by ChefBlue; 01-25-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Making doughnuts....first their always best fresh and no matter what you do they'll be kind of stale the next day but they are do able.

For a yeast doughnuts look for a recipe from an Amish cookbook that uses potatos in the dough. Potato dough slows down the staling process and they taste great. Leave them on the counter over night. Do not refridgerate, that stales them quickly.
                    Culinary Schools in Dubai | International Centre for Culinary Arts | Dubai cooking school

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X