Unusual Soups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Soups

When I was in the Caribbean I had chicken foot soup. It is actually very delicious and it was cooked with a lot of island spice. The cooked chicken feet are usually left in the soup bowl for you to munch on as a finishing touch! Anyone else ever drink some unusual soups?

I've had something similar to that, also when I was traveling. Not so crazy about the chicken foot part, but the broth was delicious. I made something similar when we got home, with regular chicken, lime, coconut, cilantro and black beans. We love beans, so we try any kind of recipes with beans in it. It was actually a little sweet, fantastic!

Comment

I used to think Lobster Bisque was a weird soup. I mean yeah, I don't see why not but....you don't hear of any other marine animal being made into a soup. Why lobster of all things? Where the crab soup? Why aren't fish considered for soup? Either ways, bisque in general is delicious, and while I haven't made it myself, try the version Panera Bread has. It's fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemama View Post
        I used to think Lobster Bisque was a weird soup. I mean yeah, I don't see why not but....you don't hear of any other marine animal being made into a soup. Why lobster of all things? Where the crab soup? Why aren't fish considered for soup? Either ways, bisque in general is delicious, and while I haven't made it myself, try the version Panera Bread has. It's fantastic!
        You've got a really good point. I think that it all depends on where you live also. On the east coast of the U.S. and Canada, they are famous for their clam chowder. In Asia and the coastal part of the Americas, there are many fish soup recipes. The French, Belgians, Hungarians and lots of other cultures all have fish soup recipes. But I know that they never seemed to really take off in the States. Maybe because such a small part of the country is between the coasts?

Comment

I have never made anything like this but I would be willing to try it. One of the best things when you travel is to check out the local foods, I think other than the time to relax that is the most I enjoy from our vacations. I never want to eat normal stuff when we travel, why do that when it is something I can do at home.

Comment

It took me a while to try a true Thai coconut soup, but once I did, I've never gone back. Delicious! Authentic Japanese ramen is also very good. The seaweed might put some off, but I don't mind it. It's great in miso ramen.

Comment

Many people have a difficult time with Thai "Super Chicken" which is the name of the dish with chicken feet. Here's one of my recipes for Tom Yum coconut chicken soup. I hope it's ok to post it here! It's in Thai but I think there may be an English version on one of my Udemy courses.
              Join me and learn to cook Thai recipes at http://chefkae.com

Comment

I just love Caribbean food, I got a free recipe book so I had to try some of the dishes and this one was in there, was one of the best I had, got free book from http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-c...n-recipe-book/ its fantastic x

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

Working...
                X