• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poached Chicken

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poached Chicken

I made a recipe called poached chicken because I was fascinated by the Singaporean poached chicken that I saw in TLC, but the ingredients are not readily yet available here in our country, so I tried to reinvent a poached chicken of my own. My ingredients are very simple. It includes, garlic, onion, ginger, and pepper. I put all those ingredients in a blender and put the blended ingredients inside the belly of the chicken and underneath the chicken skin. After that I put the chicken in pre-heated water with bayleaf and a lil bit of salt and wait for the chicken to become tender. While I'm waiting for the chicken, I make the sweet and sour soy sauce. I used 100ml of water, 30ml of soy sauce, tamarind powder, sugar, cornstarch to make it thick, salt and some seasoning. combine all that ingredient and heated to make the sauce. When the chicken is done, I removed the chicken and slice it, afterwards I strained the chicken stock, so I can use it to cook the rice, I add pandan leaves to the rice, make sure to knot the pandan leaves to release the aroma and the flavor of the leaf. When the rice is done, I prepared it, and put in a nice plate, and DA-RAAAAHHH... Hope you like it, my wife and my son loves it, maybe because they just love me. Hahaha.. Just kidding.. Enjoy, very easy to make, you can try this. can't see the pic because its on my blog.

I wish I'd read this before leaving for work this morning! I'd have such a delicious meal waiting for me at home! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by victorladra View Post
      I make the sweet and sour soy sauce.
      I used 100ml of water, 30ml of soy sauce, tamarind powder, sugar, cornstarch to make it thick, salt and some seasoning.
      Hi Victor, would you tell us all exactly what seasoning you use for this? Also, it would be helpful if you posted the amount of each ingredient in the recipe. Just listing "Sugar" as an ingredient could mean anything from a pinch to a cup full.

Thanks,

Tim
      Last edited by Timothy; 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X