• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO a Slow Cooker Recipe for Chicken

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• ChefTim007
    Hello everybody!
    ChefTim007
    Hello guys! I'm Tim and sous-chef in a small restaurant with international specialties! Hope to get some new inspiration here and like to share my knowledge...
    1 day ago
  • elizabeth_wallace
    Homemade Greek Yogurt
    elizabeth_wallace
    Hey everyone,

I'd like to share my own homemade greek yogurt recipe. It's easy to make, much cheaper than store-bought yogurt and does not...
    2 days ago
  • Margaret Park
    Chopping tomatoes
    Margaret Park
    When you chop tomatoes (or mangos or peaches, etc) for a fresh salsa? Or chop juicy fruits for dessert recipes? Do you feel you lose too much juice while...
    3 days ago
  • Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self?
    Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self? It is no secret that a lot of you are unhappy with the "new" CookingForums. There is a possibility that I can have the website reverted back t...
    Yes please!
    100.00%
    No thanks.
    0.00%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    1 week ago
  • Tyler
    Forum Software Upgraded
    Tyler
    Yesterday, I upgraded the forum's software to a release that just came out. It was supposed to have addressed a number of bugs and issues, but not many of them were...
    1 week ago

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO a Slow Cooker Recipe for Chicken

Does anyone have a TNT recipe for cooking chicken in a slow cooker or crockpot WITHOUT the use of canned soups? It seems that most recipes include one or more cans of creamed condensed soup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can bake a chicken in a slow cooker. Just half and onion along with a large carrot and a couple of stalks of celery (cut into large chunks) and put them in the bottom of your crock pot. Season a whole chicken with seasoning salt and pepper. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables, turn the crock pot on high for 1 hour and then turn down to low and cook for another 8 to 10 hours. Carefully remove the bird (it will fall apart very easily). Pick out the veggies and strain the grease and make a gravy with the leftover broth.

Comment

I posted a recipe for Cream Cheese Chicken here. Instead of the can of Cr. of Chicken soup just make a white sauce, add mushrooms to it and put it with the rest of the ingredients. You can always substitute a white sauce with a cr. of whatever soup.

# In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
      # Blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the melted butter.
      # Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
      # Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize 'flour' taste.
      # Slowly add 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly.
      # Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.
      # For thin white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of flour. Thin white sauce is used in cream soups.
      # For thick white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of flour.
      # For heavy white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of flour.

Comment

I've done 40 clove garlic chicken in the crockpot....loved it! It's from another forum not my recipe is it alright to link to a thread at another site?

Comment

I've moved this thread to the Slow Cooker topics, since it is a slow cooker recipe.

Comment

I do mine like Mama does, but I add 3/4 Cup of water to the bottom of the cooker so I have lots of seasoned liquid for making gravy. I use the identical recipe and method for pork roast and beef pot roast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dough Boy View Post
              I do mine like Mama does, but I add 3/4 Cup of water to the bottom of the cooker so I have lots of seasoned liquid for making gravy. I use the identical recipe and method for pork roast and beef pot roast.
              Great minds think alike

Comment

Thanks to all of you for some great ideas. I didn't realize that a homemade white sauce (I've made them often) would subsitute for canned soup --- wow!! This weekend I'm going to give
                "slow cooker chicken" a try.
                Thanks, again, for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by cookielady View Post
                  Thanks to all of you for some great ideas. I didn't realize that a homemade white sauce (I've made them often) would subsitute for canned soup --- wow!! This weekend I'm going to give
                  "slow cooker chicken" a try.
                  Thanks, again, for the help!
                  Here's a couple tips I follow......

#
                  For cream of chicken soup, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced chicken. Add it to the cream soup as it's cooking.
                  #
                  For cream of mushroom soup, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced fresh or canned mushrooms. Put them in another small saucepan with a little butter or oil. Saute' them and then add them to the cream soup.
                  #
                  For cream of celery, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced celery. Put them in another small saucepan with a little butter or oil. Saute' them and then add them to the cream soup.
                  #
                  Try not to let it boil. It turns out better if it hasn't boiled. HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X