Fish dishes for kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish dishes for kids

Any good recipes for fish dishes kids would like other than breaded? My daughter is not a big fan of fish but I'd like her to eat it because it's good for her. She'll eat fish like haddock if it's battered because she can't taste the fish. I'd like to find a recipe that doesn't call for breading but also masks the taste of fish for her.

No sense in trying to make fish taste like chicken. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it.
    Whats the issue with battered fried fish? I like it too! Much better than any other way. If you know how to deep fry, its healthy and just fine now and again.

Comment

I was not a huge fan of fish as a kid, but I would eat flounder. My mother cooked it with a ton of lemon, and it didn't bother me. I'd eat it. It's still the only kind of fish I'll willingly eat!

Comment

Crispy Fish Fillets is best fish dish for kids. I hope your kids like them,..

Comment

There is also the shellfish option. Many people who don't like fish do like things like shrimp, clams or scallops. I remember the only way my mom got me to eat fish as a kid was in breaded sticks, which kind of negates the health benefits, but it worked. The other thing is that depending on her age, maybe she just needs time to get used to it. Have it once a week and if she doesn't eat it, she doesn't eat it...

Comment

This is a tough one. I understand how healthy it is but we are not really fish people either. Breaded for sandwiches is okay once in a while but it is not an all the time dish in our house. The kids are okay with fish sticks too but lets be real, those are just as bad as fast food places with their nuggets.

Comment

I think roll is right, try some alternative food for your daughter.

Comment

What about something like fish pie? White fish cooked in a white or cheese sauce, topped with mashed potato. You can use a variety of fish (white, oily, smoked, maybe a few prawns/shrimp) in there, and I usually add sliced hard boiled egg and some chopped, cooked bacon too. It was my favourite way to eat fish when I was a kid.

Comment

The easiest fish dish that I ever cooked included, 1) fish of choice 2)a drizzle of olive oil 3) seaoning of choice::don't forget lemon juice:: and last but not least 4) mixed veggies, like red and yellow peppers, sliced and some broccoli crowns cut up. The reason this dish is so easy??? Well, you just get a sheet of aluminum foil, put it on a cookie sheet and put the fish and veggies,(oiled and seasoned) on the foil. Close up the foil, make sure it's good and tightly folded, with room to steam inside. To make your dish a little bit more substantial, you can add some instant rice on the side. Microwave it in a bowl with water a few minutes before the fish is done. Cooking prep time is about five minutes...cooking time in the oven at about 375, fifteen minutes, maybe, depending on the size and kind of fish. All around, easy.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X