Healthy breaded fish recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy breaded fish recipes?

Everyone in my family prefers breaded fish over non-breaded, but I refuse to deep fry anymore because it is so unhealthy. What are some healthy alternatives? Can breaded fish be baked instead of fried? Would the recipe have to change to accommodate this?

you can bake it exactly the same as you made for deep fry ( passing the fish filet in the egg an then in the bread) putting a little oil on it after you placed it on the baking sheet.
    leave the fish filet a while dipped in milk before bread, will make it more tender

an alternative without egg:
    create a tasty olive oil putting in a bowl some olive oil, chopped onion, garlic and ginger, a few leaves of thyme, pepper and salt. let it rest to take flavour then add grated bread, a pinch of parmigiano reggiano, pine nuts grossly chopped. stir and then distribute the panure on the filet and bake it, for about 20'/25'.

here my filet of sea bass before cooking

Comment

Fried foods are not as bad for you as some would want you to believe.
      If you know how to properly fry food, it is as healthy as baking. Using a good oil for frying is very important.

You will NEVER get the same crispness in the oven that you get in a fryer or pan with oil.
      However, baked fish is also excellent. I like both baked, fried and grilled fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiocciola View Post
        you can bake it exactly the same as you made for deep fry ( passing the fish filet in the egg an then in the bread) putting a little oil on it after you placed it on the baking sheet.
        leave the fish filet a while dipped in milk before bread, will make it more tender

create a tasty olive oil putting in a bowl some olive oil, chopped onion, garlic and ginger, a few leaves of thyme, pepper and salt. let it rest to take flavour then add grated bread, a pinch of parmigiano reggiano, pine nuts grossly chopped. stir and then distribute the panure on the filet and bake it, for about 20'/25'.
        Awesome ideas! We only bake our fish and Roll_Bones is right in the sense that you will never get it to the same crispness as if it is fried, but like many other people, we try not to fry our food very often anymore. If I am going to fry food, then I save that for the really decadent things, like calamari or fried cheese sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiocciola View Post

Another alternative to egg is to brush the meat with Dijon mustard then press into the breading mixture.
          Mary

I'm not a chef, and I don't play on one television

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X