Best Boneless Fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boneless Fish

I want to start letting my child eat fish. I was wondering, what are some of the best boneless fish? If anyone has any great recipes that they would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know if you have a sams club membership but they have a Parmesan Crusted talapia that is really easy, very tasty and no bones. Salmon is good if you buy it filleted and season it lightly would be really good. Unfortunately I don't have a picture with the carrots. but this is fast and very easy. and quite good!

Servings 2

Ingredients

1 cup uncooked Minute rice
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 cup matchstick cut carrots (you can buy these in a bag in the produce section a your store)
    2 salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
    1 Citrus grill seasoning, or garlic and onion powder, salt and lemon pepper
    3 slices lemon, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into very thin slices
    2 Very thin slices of onion (done the same way as the lemon slices)
    Garnish with Chives, Optional. (add chives before you bake)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray four 18 X 12-inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil with cooking spray.

2. Mix rice and broth in medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 to 1 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed. Stir in carrots. Cover and let set 5 minutes.

3. Add of the rice to the center of each piece of foil Place salmon fillet on top of rice. Sprinkle with Citrus Grill or other seasonings; top with chives if using. Arrange onion slices on salmon, top with lemon slices. Fold foil over salmon and rice so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.

4. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Before opening packets, let rest for 5 to 8 minutes after removing from oven to complete the cooking process. Place packets on plates.

Mary

I'm not a chef, and I don't play on one television

Comment

This looks easy and delicious. Thank you so much. I will be trying this out very soon. I I love seafood and want my daughter to try out delicious recipes.

Comment

Haddock is the least fishy tasting, and the only one my kids would eat when they were younger. I would rub it with oil and season it with breadcrumbs and garlic. The breadcrumbs helped by giving it a crispy coating without deep frying.

Comment

Wow sounds good ill try that too

Comment

Fish balls can be given to kids easily recipe URL : http://bit.ly/1OLE4oC

Comment

Boneless fish can fall apart during cooking and serving, which can be bad-and good. A good recipe that I know is:

Sear the fish on both sides in extra virgin olive oil for 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes each side, skin on or off. This searing will give it a nice texture, while not drying the fish out. Instead of cooking the fish in the pan, quickly transfer it to a pan (like one for roasting) and stick it in an oven preheated to 375. Depending on the thickness and freshness of the fish it will only take a few minutes to cook through. You can use a mixture of lemon zest/juice (just a little), basil, and any garden herbs you wish to make a simple, flaky wholesome meal. Good served with blue potatoes (the purplish ones) and a vegetable, like spinach or asparagus.

Note: If you leave the skin on one side of the fillet, make sure to sear that side a little longer. if you do it right, you can get a nice, crunchy skin on it, making a mixture of different, interesting textures. Also if done right the fish will be super flaky, so eat with the grain and it will look fantastic.

This also works well with salmon and other grainy fish.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X