No announcement yet.

Lip Smakin' BBQ Sauce.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPER sauce! Good job with the recipe. This is a lip smackin' sauce alright. Lots of ingredients... I couldn't really pick out one taste, just damn good.
    I would have to call this a sweet sauce. It is packed with flavor and perfect for a sweet sauce. No real heat to speak of, but a nice sweet, mildly spicy and simply loaded with flavor taste. Think SBR's original to the tenth power with a hint of their vidalia onion sauce. And thicker, but I didn't turn it into puree, just got rid of most of the chunks.
    And the smell of it when it hit the grill was incredible. You could smell the sugar caramelizing. It was just as if I had cooked the sauce outside instead of in the kitchen. BTW, I used turbinado sugar in place of brown. They both contain molasses, so what the hey, lol.

I'll be making this again.
    When life hands you lemons, make piccata!

Comment

Good review Fred. I just may try this.
      Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowhound View Post
        SUPER sauce! Good job with the recipe. This is a lip smackin' sauce alright. Lots of ingredients... I couldn't really pick out one taste, just damn good.
        I would have to call this a sweet sauce. It is packed with flavor and perfect for a sweet sauce. No real heat to speak of, but a nice sweet, mildly spicy and simply loaded with flavor taste. Think SBR's original to the tenth power with a hint of their vidalia onion sauce. And thicker, but I didn't turn it into puree, just got rid of most of the chunks.
        And the smell of it when it hit the grill was incredible. You could smell the sugar caramelizing. It was just as if I had cooked the sauce outside instead of in the kitchen. BTW, I used turbinado sugar in place of brown. They both contain molasses, so what the hey, lol.

I'll be making this again.

That's GOOD!!

So glad that you like it! Whenever I want any more BBQ sauce, THIS is the one that I choose to make and use.

Yeah, I had to improvise with some of the things myself, but hey, like you said, as long as it tastes good and works.
        Any port in the storm will do.
        Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-14-2010, 06:05 AM.
        ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Yeah, I did a Google and you can substitute sugar in the raw, which I always have, in place of brown. I just wasn't sure on the cup for cup being the same, but it came out great. I can't wait to try this on some pulled pork. And ribs and chicken...
          When life hands you lemons, make piccata!

Comment

Actually, I had a lump of brown sugar that had gotten all hard.

No problem.

I just put it into the sauce as it was being made, and it dissolved nicely!

Made a little bit of brown sugar to make it enough and added that as well.
            ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Summer is almost here!

Time to get the BBQ grill out from hybernating during the winter. Any of you planning to make some more of this sauce? I like it, and I won't substitute anything else in place of it!!
              ~BDH.

Comment

I plan on trying this recipe! I've been wanting for sometime now to make a BBQ sauce and those ingredients sound good. I would just omit the celery and have to find out if the Worcestershire is veg. or not. I like that your using chipotle in it too cus that was one of the ingredients I definitely wanted in my sauce.

Comment

The chipotle and the liquid smoke help give the sauce that smokey flavor and taste in the background.
                  ~BDH.

Comment

Heres another BBQ sauce idea. This is a combination of NC & SC BBQ sauce though it was invented in Savannah GA. There is a story behind this sauce just like all the others.
                    I call BS, but this is damn good BBQ sauce and its easy, cheap and most likely everything you need, you already got.

2 tbls chili powder
                    2 tbls ground black pepper
                    2 tsp sugar
                    1/2 tsp salt
                    4 cups ketchup
                    1 cup yellow mustard
                    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
                    2 cups cider vinegar

Combine (mix very well) all ingredient in medium sauce pan. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
                    Let cool and store in sealed containers in the fridge.

Lasts for months upon months if kept closed and refrigerated.

Comment

I do love a great BBQ sauce to go on the ribs when we have a garden BBQ!!! happy days much appreciated

Comment

I have made this sauce many times. It is by far the best sauce on the planet. I never had a sauce that hits your tongue so sweet and fruity with a follow up of smoke and heat. Just amazing!!!
                        Vorrei Italian Cheese

Comment

Thanks! Sol glad that you like it!!
                          ~BDH.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X