No announcement yet.

Burning fried chicken (HELP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) always marinate your chicken for at least 24 hours. and if its frozen, dont start that 24 hours until it thaws. your chicken needs to absorb some moisture and flavor.

to do that, you just thaw out some breasts. put them in a ziplock bag and fill it with marinade. if you dont know what to use, experiment! everyone has different tastes, and its hard to go wrong. for a starter marinade, try using italian dressing.

2) about 1 hour before you cook your chicken, and while it is still in the bag with the marinade, massage the breasts. you'll see that the breasts vaguely resemble a leaf. massage along that center line. that will help break apart some of the stuff that holds the breast together. if done correctly, the breasts will now lay flatter, and possibly thinner.

3) make sure you use a decent amount of marinade in the pan when you fry it. the chicken will burn if you let the pan dry out, or if you fail to keep the chicken moving. occasionally flip the chicken and move it around the pan. every time you flip the chicken, put just a little more of your marinade on top of the chicken, so it can soak into the chicken. that will keep a lot of the moisture in.

4) cook your chicken slowly. depending on how much time i have, ill cook the chicken for 30-45 minutes. ill cook the chicken on a low setting, medium at the most.

to keep really moist chicken, you'll not want to poke it or cut it at all. unfortunately, that makes it pretty hard to tell when its done. the first few times you try it, cut the chicken open at the thickest part when you think its done. see if the juices are pink or clear. also, see if the meat is white or still pink. after a few times cooking chicken, you'll just know without needing to cut it open.

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiro View Post
      1) always marinate your chicken for at least 24 hours. and if its frozen, dont start that 24 hours until it thaws. your chicken needs to absorb some moisture and flavor.

to do that, you just thaw out some breasts. put them in a ziplock bag and fill it with marinade. if you dont know what to use, experiment! everyone has different tastes, and its hard to go wrong. for a starter marinade, try using italian dressing.

2) about 1 hour before you cook your chicken, and while it is still in the bag with the marinade, massage the breasts. you'll see that the breasts vaguely resemble a leaf. massage along that center line. that will help break apart some of the stuff that holds the breast together. if done correctly, the breasts will now lay flatter, and possibly thinner.

3) make sure you use a decent amount of marinade in the pan when you fry it. the chicken will burn if you let the pan dry out, or if you fail to keep the chicken moving. occasionally flip the chicken and move it around the pan. every time you flip the chicken, put just a little more of your marinade on top of the chicken, so it can soak into the chicken. that will keep a lot of the moisture in.

4) cook your chicken slowly. depending on how much time i have, ill cook the chicken for 30-45 minutes. ill cook the chicken on a low setting, medium at the most.

to keep really moist chicken, you'll not want to poke it or cut it at all. unfortunately, that makes it pretty hard to tell when its done. the first few times you try it, cut the chicken open at the thickest part when you think its done. see if the juices are pink or clear. also, see if the meat is white or still pink. after a few times cooking chicken, you'll just know without needing to cut it open.

good luck!
      I disagree with most everything you say in your post.

Comment

What specifically do you disagree with and why?
        “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
        – Julia Child

Comment

Originally posted by ChefBlue View Post
          What specifically do you disagree with and why?
          The OP asked about burning fried chicken. Post #1

1) Marinating chicken for frying? (fried chicken) The OP is about fried chicken yet the poster above is clearly not talking fried chicken. Marinade in the pan? Seems more like steaming?

2) Slow cooking. Up for debate and depending on the cut, especially white meat. Cooking for short periods of time with higher heat result in more tender and a more juicy result. Insert grilling and sauteing. 30-45 minutes for breast meat?

3) After 30-45 minutes, I doubt checking white meat for doneness is needed. By then the breast meat should be over cooked.

My point is that all the statements above are not fact, but personal opinion. Just as my response is.
          Personal opinion.
          I hope the poster above understands my response. Nothing personal.

Comment

The topic strayed from fried chicken which you clearly knew because you replied to a comment totally unrelated to fried chicken.
            I suspect Romero was presenting his thoughts as opinion and not fact. I doubt he would take any criticism personally if there were an explanation behind it.
            “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
            – Julia Child

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X