• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Cooked Chicken - Asian Style

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    3 weeks ago
  • WendyR
    Least and most used kitchen appliances
    WendyR
    I would say the least used kitchen appliance that I have is the waffle iron. It has been in the box for about three years now and I have never used it....
    4 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    An excellent pot roast
    Aldiena
    What makes an excellent pot roast? I tend to get a little bigger one that I think I will need because no matter how I make it, it goes fast. Are there...
    3 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Do you follow the wine rule?
    GrillKing
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but I don't often follow the "white wine with white meats and red with red" wine rule. Do people still do that?...
    3 weeks ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Inexpensive main dish ideas??
    TeenyWeeny
    I am hosting a party this weekend for upwards of 30 people (including kids) and I need some ideas for inexpensive main dishes. We are on a budget and...
    1 week ago
  • GrillKing
    Favorite party or potluck appetizer?
    GrillKing
    I know this might be a little old school, but my wife makes a 7-layer dip that is to die for. Yes, she has been making it forever, but I never get tired...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cooked Chicken - Asian Style

I love cooking in slow cooker; it is so easy and convenient, especially for busy moms. This recipe is new in my collection.

Ingredients

3 lb bone-in skinless chicken thighs

1 bunch green onions, chopped into 2-inch pieces (white parts)

3 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 cup dry sherry

1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce

1/4 cup brown sugar, packed

2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated and peeled

1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder

1 tsp cornstarch plus 1 tbsp water (optional)

Directions

1. In a small bowl combine sherry, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, five-spice powder, garlic, and white parts of green onions. Mix well.

2. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker add chicken thighs and coat with sherry mixture. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.

3. Transfer the cooked chicken to a large plate and let rest. Strain the sauce into a small saucepan through a fine strainer.

4. Bring the sauce to a boil and simmer on low heat until reduced in half. If you want the sauce thick, add 1 tsp of cornstarch desolved in 1 tbsp water and bring everything to a boil.

5. Pour the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired.

Hope you like it. Let me know!
    Last edited by tigerlilly; 10-28-2013, 12:33 PM.

This sounds delicious, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
    X