• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO a Slow Cooker Recipe for Chicken

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Are Keurigs all they are hyped to be?
    WendyR
    I have had a couple people tell me that their Keurig coffee is the best tasting coffee that they've had at home. I haven't tried it yet. I don't want...
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    3 weeks ago
  • WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    2 days ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO a Slow Cooker Recipe for Chicken

Does anyone have a TNT recipe for cooking chicken in a slow cooker or crockpot WITHOUT the use of canned soups? It seems that most recipes include one or more cans of creamed condensed soup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can bake a chicken in a slow cooker. Just half and onion along with a large carrot and a couple of stalks of celery (cut into large chunks) and put them in the bottom of your crock pot. Season a whole chicken with seasoning salt and pepper. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables, turn the crock pot on high for 1 hour and then turn down to low and cook for another 8 to 10 hours. Carefully remove the bird (it will fall apart very easily). Pick out the veggies and strain the grease and make a gravy with the leftover broth.
    Mamas-Southern-Cooking.com
    GuideToFrugalLiving.com
    Americas Best Places To Retire

Comment

I posted a recipe for Cream Cheese Chicken here. Instead of the can of Cr. of Chicken soup just make a white sauce, add mushrooms to it and put it with the rest of the ingredients. You can always substitute a white sauce with a cr. of whatever soup.

# In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
      # Blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the melted butter.
      # Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
      # Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize 'flour' taste.
      # Slowly add 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly.
      # Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.
      # For thin white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of flour. Thin white sauce is used in cream soups.
      # For thick white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of flour.
      # For heavy white sauce, follow the instructions above, but use 4 tablespoons of butter and 4 tablespoons of flour.
      Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark.

Comment

I've done 40 clove garlic chicken in the crockpot....loved it! It's from another forum not my recipe is it alright to link to a thread at another site?

Comment

I've moved this thread to the Slow Cooker topics, since it is a slow cooker recipe.
          ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

I do mine like Mama does, but I add 3/4 Cup of water to the bottom of the cooker so I have lots of seasoned liquid for making gravy. I use the identical recipe and method for pork roast and beef pot roast.
            Always searching for the perfect loaf of bread!
            Recipes on my website at www.flyfishohio.us

Comment

Originally posted by Dough Boy View Post
              I do mine like Mama does, but I add 3/4 Cup of water to the bottom of the cooker so I have lots of seasoned liquid for making gravy. I use the identical recipe and method for pork roast and beef pot roast.
              Great minds think alike
              Mamas-Southern-Cooking.com
              GuideToFrugalLiving.com
              Americas Best Places To Retire

Comment

Thanks to all of you for some great ideas. I didn't realize that a homemade white sauce (I've made them often) would subsitute for canned soup --- wow!! This weekend I'm going to give
                "slow cooker chicken" a try.
                Thanks, again, for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by cookielady View Post
                  Thanks to all of you for some great ideas. I didn't realize that a homemade white sauce (I've made them often) would subsitute for canned soup --- wow!! This weekend I'm going to give
                  "slow cooker chicken" a try.
                  Thanks, again, for the help!
                  Here's a couple tips I follow......

#
                  For cream of chicken soup, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced chicken. Add it to the cream soup as it's cooking.
                  #
                  For cream of mushroom soup, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced fresh or canned mushrooms. Put them in another small saucepan with a little butter or oil. Saute' them and then add them to the cream soup.
                  #
                  For cream of celery, take 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of diced celery. Put them in another small saucepan with a little butter or oil. Saute' them and then add them to the cream soup.
                  #
                  Try not to let it boil. It turns out better if it hasn't boiled. HTH
                  Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                  X