• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cream Cheese Chicken

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    1 week ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    2 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Can Openers
    GrillKing
    Our old electric can opener has finally died. We have had that thing for about 10 years now and want to get another one. My wife threw it out (because...
    2 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    Crockpot Spaghetti
    Aldiena
    Has anyone done this before? Depending on the type of pasta I get (and the brand) I can let it cook on low for about five hours and sometimes I can manage...
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cream Cheese Chicken

3 lb. chicken pieces (I use breasts, legs, and thighs)
    1 pk. Italian salad dressing mix
    4 T. melted butter, divided
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    8 oz. cream cheese
    1/2 cup chicken broth

Place chicken pieces in crockpot and sprinkle salad dressing mix over all.
    Sprinkle with 2 T. melted butter.
    Cook on low 6 hours.
    Melt 2 T. butter in saucepan and saute onion and garlic.
    Add to the onions and garlic mixture the cr. of chicken soup, cream cheese and chicken broth.
    Stir until smooth.
    Add this mixture to the crockpot and cook on low and additional 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

You can brown off the chicken before adding to the crockpot but I wouldn't cook it as long.
    Some people can have all the lights on and still be in the dark.

i think I remember you posting that sometime before.

Was it cooked in a slow cooker? Looks good!
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

It looks like there mushrooms in there, too? This looks very good, especially over the wide noodles. I've got a package of ranch dressing that's been sitting around. I think I'm going to substitute and give this a try. Did you skin the chicken pieces?
      When life hands you lemons, make piccata!

Comment

Yes, there are mushrooms. I keep forgetting to add them to the recipe. lol I add mushrooms to just about everything!!
        I did skin the chicken, it comes out too rubbery for my taste.

Thanks BDH! Yes, it's made in a crockpot.

Oops, sorry. Pressed wrong button.
        Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 12-30-2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

It looked like it was skinned, but I wasn't sure if you took it off before or after or it just fell off. I'll be making this later this week. As soon as I can get a cornish game hen thawed (lol).

Comment

ohhh that looks great!!!! .... like paprikash without the paprika.... or sour cream.....
            gonna have to try that!

Comment

Try it, you'll like it. lol Thanks Suzie!

Comment

Originally posted by homecook View Post
                Yes, there are mushrooms. I keep forgetting to add them to the recipe. lol I add mushrooms to just about everything!!
                I did skin the chicken, it comes out too rubbery for my taste.

Thanks BDH! Yes, it's made in a crockpot.

You're welcome!

I could evoke the mushroom part by using cream of mushroom soup, couldn't I?

There's a similar recipe that I learned to do at a nursing home where I used to work.
                ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

You could BDH, but you'll get a completely different taste than with the cr. of chicken soup. I like adding the mushrooms because you can really see and taste them, the ones in the soup are almost non-existent. lol

Comment

OK. So I'm going to use ranch dried dressing instead of Italian, could I use duck instead of chicken? And cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken? How about shallots in place of the onion and garlic and mascarpone in place of the cream cheese?

I promise I won't add anything green

lol

Comment

HAHAAAAA where's the karma button around this place???

Comment

LOLOLOL........PLEASE.......no green!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Will do Barb. I don't want to change it too much...

Comment

Looks and sounds yummy, Homecook! Was the sauce pretty thick, or do you think it's something you could even remove from the crock pot and thicken on the stovetop? I'll try this recipe. I like just about anything with cream cheese in it!

Chowhound, you're funny. LOL! Your version sounds delicious, too.

Trinity Joy

Comment

Thanks Trinity!

The sauce isn't real thick but enough to coat the noodles. You could defintely thicken it on the stovetop. I don't see why not.

Comment

Working...
                              X