• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chocolate Truffle Cake

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    1 week ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Can Openers
    GrillKing
    Our old electric can opener has finally died. We have had that thing for about 10 years now and want to get another one. My wife threw it out (because...
    2 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    Crockpot Spaghetti
    Aldiena
    Has anyone done this before? Depending on the type of pasta I get (and the brand) I can let it cook on low for about five hours and sometimes I can manage...
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Truffle Cake

Chocolate Truffle Cake

This exceptionally sinful chocolate dessert is easy to
    make, but it must be refrigerated for twenty-four hours
    before serving for the best flavor and texture. For the
    neatest slices, dip the knife into hot water before
    cutting each one.

14 squares (14 ounces) semisweet chocolate,
    chopped
    2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate,
    chopped
    1 cup butter (2 sticks; do not use margarine)
    8 large eggs, separated
    1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
    1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    confectioners’ sugar

1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Remove bottom from 9" by 3" springform pan and cover with foil; wrap foil around back. Replace pan bottom. Grease and flour foil bottom and side of pan.
    2. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine semisweet and unsweetened chocolates and butter; heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl.
    3. In small bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg yolks and granulated sugar until very thick and lemoncolored, about 5 minutes. With rubber spatula, stir egg-yolk mixture into chocolate mixture until blended.
    4. In separate large bowl, with clean beaters and with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.With rubber spatula, gently fold beaten egg whites,one-third at a time, into chocolate mixture just until blended.
    5. Scrape batter into prepared pan; spread evenly.Bake 35 minutes. (Do not overbake; cake will firm upon standing and chilling.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack; refrigerate overnight in pan.
    6. Run thin knife, rinsed under very hot water and dried, around cake to loosen from side of pan; remove side of pan. Invert cake onto serving plate; unwrap foil from pan bottom and lift off pan. Carefully peel foil
    away from cake.
    7. To serve, let cake stand 1 hour at room temperature.Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Or dust heavily with confectioners’ sugar over paper doily or stencil.
    Makes 20 servings.
    Each serving: About 251 calories, Prep: 1 hour plus overnight to chill Bake: 35 minutes
    Bon Apetit Emely's Recipes

yum yum

Comment

Working...
    X