• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

lemons

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KelseyAnie
    star centre Aron Baynes
    KelseyAnie
    With a ticket to the round of 16 already booked, coach Andrej Lemanis made a pre-match decision to rest his two best performing players of the tournament,...
    1 hour ago
  • Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self?
    Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self? It is no secret that a lot of you are unhappy with the "new" CookingForums. There is a possibility that I can have the website reverted back t...
    Yes please!
    100.00%
    No thanks.
    0.00%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    4 days ago
  • Tyler
    Forum Software Upgraded
    Tyler
    Yesterday, I upgraded the forum's software to a release that just came out. It was supposed to have addressed a number of bugs and issues, but not many of them were...
    4 days ago
  • Trecey Thomas
    Kids Friendly Banana Cake Recipe????
    Trecey Thomas
    I usually make this easy and quick Best Banana Cake - Easy, Quick and Yummy. Please share some more Banana Cake Recipes....

2 cups - Flour...
    1 week ago
  • elizabeth_wallace
    Extra fluffy whole wheat greek yogurt pancakes
    elizabeth_wallace
    Hi everyone,

First I'd like to introduce myself really quick: My name is Elizabeth Wallace. I've been looking around on the cookingforums
    2 weeks ago

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemons

Can anyone come up with some dishes that use lots of lemons? We live in Turkey and have a lemon orchard in our garden dripping with fruit - we hate to see them going to waste!

I love lemons! Use them in pies, cakes, ice cream, custards, cookies. Make sauces for chicken or fish. Make lemonade. Use them in salad dressing in place of all or part of the vinegar.

If you have too many, you should remove the zest (the dark yellow part of the peel), then squeeze the juice. Put the zest in the freezer to use throughout the year. You can also freeze the juice.

Make lemon curd and can it for future use.

Another option is to make preserved lemons. There are many traditional recipes from northern Africa & India for this. Perhaps one of the other members has made them and can share a recipe.

Comment

Lemon marmalade!

I absolutely love lemon marmalade, I unfortunately don't have an abundance myself, so don't have a reliable recipe, but it's definitely what I would be doing with lots of lemons.

Comment

7up Pound Cake!!

My favorite pound cake of all time!!

Comment

Working...
        X