• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

lemons

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Are Keurigs all they are hyped to be?
    WendyR
    I have had a couple people tell me that their Keurig coffee is the best tasting coffee that they've had at home. I haven't tried it yet. I don't want...
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    3 weeks ago
  • WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    2 days ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemons

Can anyone come up with some dishes that use lots of lemons? We live in Turkey and have a lemon orchard in our garden dripping with fruit - we hate to see them going to waste!

I love lemons! Use them in pies, cakes, ice cream, custards, cookies. Make sauces for chicken or fish. Make lemonade. Use them in salad dressing in place of all or part of the vinegar.

If you have too many, you should remove the zest (the dark yellow part of the peel), then squeeze the juice. Put the zest in the freezer to use throughout the year. You can also freeze the juice.

Make lemon curd and can it for future use.

Another option is to make preserved lemons. There are many traditional recipes from northern Africa & India for this. Perhaps one of the other members has made them and can share a recipe.
    OMG! I decided to blog!

Comment

Lemon marmalade!

I absolutely love lemon marmalade, I unfortunately don't have an abundance myself, so don't have a reliable recipe, but it's definitely what I would be doing with lots of lemons.

Comment

7up Pound Cake!!

My favorite pound cake of all time!!
        ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X