• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buttermilk Waffles

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Aldiena
    An excellent pot roast
    Aldiena
    What makes an excellent pot roast? I tend to get a little bigger one that I think I will need because no matter how I make it, it goes fast. Are there...
    4 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Do you follow the wine rule?
    GrillKing
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but I don't often follow the "white wine with white meats and red with red" wine rule. Do people still do that?...
    3 weeks ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Inexpensive main dish ideas??
    TeenyWeeny
    I am hosting a party this weekend for upwards of 30 people (including kids) and I need some ideas for inexpensive main dishes. We are on a budget and...
    1 week ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Pancakes
    TeenyWeeny
    How do you guys make your pancakes? Do you go with a store-bought mix or do you make them from scratch? I've been using different store-bought mixes for...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Canned foods and dating
    breny
    Don't forget to date your cans ladies and gentleman. I had a friend ship me a few of her canned goods and nothing was dated so we ended up losing a few...
    4 weeks ago
  • ChocolateChip
    Spanish Tortilla
    ChocolateChip
    Has anyone here ever had a proper Spanish Tortilla? In Spain a "tortilla" is actually more like what North Americans would think of as a quiche....
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttermilk Waffles

Buttermilk Waffles

Crisp yet fluffy, these are worth getting out of bed for.Top with butter, syrup, or your favorite fresh fruit.

Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 4 minutes per batch

13⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
    11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1⁄2 teaspoon salt
    2 cups buttermilk
    4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten

1. Preheat waffle baker as manufacturer directs.
    2. In large bowl, with wire whisk, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs; whisk until smooth.
    3. When waffle baker is ready, pour batter into center until it spreads to within 1 inch of edges. Cover and bake as manufacturer directs; do not lift cover while waffle is baking.
    4. When waffle is done, lift cover and loosen waffle with fork. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven (place waffle directly on oven rack to keep crisp). Reheat waffle baker before pouring in more batter. If batter becomes too thick upon standing, thin with a little more buttermilk. Makes eleven 4" by 4" waffles or 4 servings.

Pecan Waffles
    Prepare as directed above but add 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 cup pecans (4 ounces), chopped, to batter. Stir batter for each waffle before pouring.

Sweet Milk Waffles
    Prepare as directed above but omit baking soda; use 1 tablespoon baking powder. Substitute 2 cups milk for buttermilk.

Bon Apetit Emely's Recipes
Working...
X