• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick & Easy Crusty Pizza Dough.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick & Easy Crusty Pizza Dough.

Here's a simple & easy pizza dough recipe I'd like to share with you all! It's quick, easy and is practically a cinch to make!! Got it from the recipe section of the manual that came with my K'Aid K5SS Stand Mixer.

Decided at the last minute to do this, but so far, it is all going splendidly!

1 small package or 2-1/4 tsp. active dry yeast.

1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degreesF).

1/2 tsp salt.

2 tsp olive, canola or soybean oil.

2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups flour.

1 T cornmeal.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add salt, oil, and 2-1/2 cups flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.

Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, and mix for about 2 minutes more. or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl.

Knead dough on Speed 2 for about 2 minutes more.

Place dough into greased bowl, turning to grease top of dough. Cover. Let it rise
    in warm place away from draft for about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down.

Brush 14-inch pizza pan or half sheet pan with oil. Sprinkle all over with cornmeal. Press dough across bottom of pan, making it as flat as possible, or roll dough out out on flat surface to stretch it, making the large area as flat as posibble.

In pizza pan, gently crimp dough on edges to raise them to hold your favorite pizza sauce cheese and some of your favorite toppings.

Yield; 4 servings.

Recipe from manual that came with my K'Aid Stand Mixer.
    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-18-2012, 06:19 AM.

Homecook sent me a recipe almost exactly like this, maybe just with word changes. This is a very good recipe. I used my bread machine to knead the dough. I rolled the dough thin (I like thin crust) and had enough for one 16" pizza plus a personal size pizza that I made a day or two later with the refrigerated leftover.
    Anyone looking for an easy and good pizza dough recipe, this is it.

Comment

Thank you!

It was easy to make, especially when doing it with my K'Aid Stand Mixer and the dough hook. I posted pics of the pizza in the thread; "What did you bake today?".

Comment

Yep, that's the same recipe Fred.

Comment

Sounds like a good recipe. It's not much different from the one I already use. In fact it's all the same ingredients, just with the amounts changed a bit, I think.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty much like the recipes you might be using already.

Guess I got overjoyed and hyped up because I had it made and risen in just over an hour.

But I WOULD use that recipe again, the next time I make pizza. Just have to tweak it more so that it isn't so thick on the next try.
            Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-23-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

good recipie, i'll hafta try it soon. I love making my own pizza. the dough recipie my sister gave me turnedout a little thick too, so I used it to make twice as much pizza the next time.

Comment

The recipe was nothing (a cinch to do).

The problem came when I didn't stretch the dough out more to make the crust thinner.

Comment

Very easy to make recipes

Comment

I make pizza dough in my bread machine by using the "make dough" setting with a white bread mix and adding a 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the other ingredients. I normally use a little more dried yeast too.

Comment

In your bread machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
                        In your bread machine?
                        Yes. I mix the dough in the bread machine and let it prove once. I then remove the dough and knead it by hand. I prove the dough a second time and then knock it down, knead again and roll and stretch to suit my pizza trays. Depending on whether I want a thin or thick pizza I will let it rise for the appropriate time and then put the topping on.

Comment

Good idea!!

Comment

Working...
                          X