• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAVA FLOW

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• GrillKing
    Do you follow the wine rule?
    GrillKing
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but I don't often follow the "white wine with white meats and red with red" wine rule. Do people still do that?...
    4 weeks ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Inexpensive main dish ideas??
    TeenyWeeny
    I am hosting a party this weekend for upwards of 30 people (including kids) and I need some ideas for inexpensive main dishes. We are on a budget and...
    2 weeks ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Pancakes
    TeenyWeeny
    How do you guys make your pancakes? Do you go with a store-bought mix or do you make them from scratch? I've been using different store-bought mixes for...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Canned foods and dating
    breny
    Don't forget to date your cans ladies and gentleman. I had a friend ship me a few of her canned goods and nothing was dated so we ended up losing a few...
    4 weeks ago
  • ChocolateChip
    Spanish Tortilla
    ChocolateChip
    Has anyone here ever had a proper Spanish Tortilla? In Spain a "tortilla" is actually more like what North Americans would think of as a quiche....
    2 weeks ago
  • veralynn
    Do you brine the turkey?
    veralynn
    We brine our turkey every year. We put it in a salt solution with either lemon or orange juice and spices 24 hours before we cook it. Every year our...
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAVA FLOW

I love love this summer drink. If you go to HAWAII you can have it all the time.. recipesforpeopleonthego.blogspot.com

1 1/4 oz. Bacardi white rum ( i suggest Bacardi but you can use your favorite rum).
    1oz. Coco Lopes Cream of Coconut.
    6oz. pineapple juice, plus a splash
    1oz. strawberry puree ( you can puree frozen strawberries if you dont have fresh ones).
    1wedge pineapple, to garnish
    1 cherry to garnish( optional)

1) Blend the rum, Coco lopes and pineapple juice with ice
    2) Pour the strawberry puree into a glass( a tall, stemmed glass).
    3) Pour the cocunut blend on top, causing the strawberry to flow upward ( this creates the lava-flow effect).
    4) Garnish with the wedge of pineapple and cherry

Enjoy and drink responsibly!

Sounds like a party! Another good rum to use is Appleton white. It goes great with pineapple flavors.

Comment

Yes, definitely it sounds like we have all the arrangement of a party on our hands. I usually home brew my beer. Brewing wine at home is not that hard too; it will just need some common sense and patience of few weeks. Brewing certainly has advantages associated with it like you can make your friends aware about your wine taste by serving them home brewed wine. You will be feeling good and they will be surprised that you have brewed wine yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X