Tailgating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating

Any tailgaters out there? Tell us what you are preparing. My Dawgs are off this week so no tailgating here.
    topqualitykitchencookware.com

Erm, could you please explain a little more for us non-Americans, please? I'm not entirely sure I know what tailgating involves, though have a vague idea thanks to Wikipedia. Am I right in thinking it's where you take an outdoor grill along to an event and cook stuff on it? Do you just cater for people in your party, or cook enough for others too? How does it differ from a regular BBQ? Are there types of food which are specific to tailgating? Also, what are your 'Dawgs'?

Comment

Tailgating can be BBQ or any other number of foods.
      Some sports teams are know for having great tailgating fans.
      A tailgate party is usually held in the parking lot of the venue where the event is or it can be at home.

Essentially it is a way to get together and have some good food and drink before the game.

Dawgs are a nickname for a team, usually named the Bulldogs. I'm guessing Eyecatchers may be from Georgia.

Wings and Nachos and Chili are my favorites for tailgate parties.
      “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
      – Julia Child

Comment

Sorry...Yes GA Bulldogs Chef. We are usually with a group with about 3 grills fired up...Ribs,hamburgers and hotdogs usually with sides such as potato salad(Prepared before hand) baked beans,corn on the cob.Everyone usually brings their beverage of choice. Tailgating is a way we support our favorite team and is an excuse to party with friends.

Comment

I've never watched any of the Georgia teams play live. Closest I came was an SEC Championship game at the Georgia Dome.
          “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
          – Julia Child

Comment

I have a nephew that is an Auburn fan and he had 4 tickets to the SEC Championship in 2012 and we bought them from him to watch GA-AL...We lost a heart breaker that night and AL went on and beat Notre Dame for the Nat. Champ.

Comment

Tailgating here in Australia has a totally different meaning. If you are driving in a car, and the driver in his car behind you sits right at your rear of your car following you, he or her is tailgating. But after i read your feedbacks, i have now a clear understanding about Tailgating. In Australia we call it "having a barbe or throw a shrimp on the barbe or having a sausage sizzle. Very big here, BBQ's are one of the biggest family and friends activities here. When we have a flat top BBQ, we throw onions, potatoes and vegetables on the hot plate and cook it the same as the steaks and sausages.

Comment

Cookware...We also call someone riding your bumper a tailgater. I think the term "tailgating" at games was started with people bringing grills to the game to cook on in their pickup trucks and thus people sitting on the open tailgate of the truck. It's all about good food and family and friends the same as y'all.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X