• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did You Cook Today?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    1 week ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Can Openers
    GrillKing
    Our old electric can opener has finally died. We have had that thing for about 10 years now and want to get another one. My wife threw it out (because...
    2 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    Crockpot Spaghetti
    Aldiena
    Has anyone done this before? Depending on the type of pasta I get (and the brand) I can let it cook on low for about five hours and sometimes I can manage...
    2 weeks ago
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dag, that chicken looks GOOD, SilverSage!!!

Makes ME want some fried chicken!!!!!
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

• Sunday 2/19/12

Pot roast, micro steamed fresh Brussels sprouts, mashed butter & sour cream potatoes and beef, burgundy wine, onion & mushroom slightly thickened au jus gravy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 2/12/12

Chicken stir-fry and jasmine rice topped with hot chili sesame oil, soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds and green onions.

Saturday 2/11/12

Seasoned and pan seared b/s chicken breasts finished in the oven, micro steamed fresh broccoli, stuffing and pan gravy.

Comment

• Pan fried seasoned (with my AP seasoning and poultry seasoning) boneless pork loin chops, seasoned Trader Joe’s “teeny tiny” potatoes, mushroom caps and onions fried in chop drippings, grape seed oil and butter and baby spinach and grape tomatoes (dressed with grape seed oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and AP seasoning).

Comment

• Looks good, y'all!!
          ~BDH.

Comment

• 3/9/12

Fried chicken breast, microwave steamed fresh Brussels sprouts, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy.

Wednesday 3/7/12

Beef stew (bottom round cut into beef cubes dredged in nicely seasoned flour then browned, carrots, celery, potatoes, pearl onions, sliced mushrooms, dry onion soup mix, water, gravy master and burgundy wine. Gravy thickened with soft butter and the seasoned flour left from the dredging). The picture looks a bit messy because the beef cubes were so tender they fell apart.

Tuesday 3/6/12

Poached eggs in a cup, sausage and buttermilk biscuits

Sunday 3/4/12

Asian style roasted chicken wings (marinated in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, grated fresh garlic, grated fresh ginger and onion). Sides - fresh string beans & sliced mushroom caps stir fried (with soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, peanut oil, slivered fresh garlic and toasted sesame seeds), pineapple chunks and jasmine rice garnishes - soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, hot chili sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and green onion.

Thursday 3/1/12

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips and marinated in EVOO, dry sherry, grated fresh garlic, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes and my AP seasoning blend) and fresh broccoli sautéed in grape seed oil and EVOO (that was infused with fried slivered fresh garlic that was removed when golden). Chicken stock, fried garlic slivers, ground peppercorns, ground sea salt, ground red pepper flakes added, covered, and steamed until broccoli and chicken were tender and fully cooked. Tossed with Trader Joe’s spinach and chive linguini topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and fresh ground red pepper flakes.

Comment

• Dag, all that food looks GOOD, Tigerlilly!!
              ~BDH.

Comment

• Making some Boston Baked Beans in one of my pressure cookers.
                ~BDH.

Comment

• Corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, cabbage salad (raw shredded cabbage & grated carrot dressed with oil, vinegar and spices) and mustard (Trader Joe whole grain Dijon mustard, Tobasco Hot and Spicy mustard and Gulden’s spicy brown mustard)

Comment

• Here it is - the finished product!!

From start to finish!

A successful hit on the very first try in a pressure cooker!! I think I'll do it this way ALL the time.

Shaves off & saves hours of cooking time in the oven!! No more waiting hougs on end to be able to enjoy homemade Boston Baked Beans!!!

Pics below.

1. The pressure cooker that was used to cook the beans.

2. The beans after they were picked & washed.

3. The beans in the pot before being pressure cooked.

4. The finished product after being pressure cooked.

This very same unit was also used to pressure-quick-soak the beans as well, saving hours of overnight soaking!! What will they think of next?!!
                    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM.
                    ~BDH.

Comment

• Dag, that looks GOOD, Tigerlilly!! A New England Boiled Dinner!!
                      ~BDH.

Comment

• Thank you BD.
                        Very nice beans.

Comment

• Thanx!

I just posted the recipe in the Recipes forum under Vegetables for those who might like to try it.
                          ~BDH.

Comment

• Yesterday I baked a beef roast with carrots and potatoes. Baked it slow for 3 1/2 hrs. It was great! Leftovers today!

Comment

• Wednesday 3/21/12

Baked pasta with meat (wagon wheels, ground beef, crumbled sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, egg, mushrooms, fresh grated romano and parmesan, parsley, seasoning) and mixed salad.

Tuesday 3/20/12

Burger stroganoff (chop meat, sliced mushroom caps, seasoning, onion, cream of mushroom soup, beef bouillon, milk, burgundy wine, water, peas, pearl onions and sour cream) served over egg noodles tossed with butter and parsley. Serve with a mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, spring mix wild baby field greens, shredded red & green cabbage, grated carrot, sliced mushroom cap, alfalfa sprouts, vine tomato, roasted sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and black olives) dressed with Good Seasons Basil vinaigrette.

Sunday 3/18/12

Italian sweet sausage (large crumbles browned out of the casing), multi colored bell peppers (yellow, orange, red and green), onions, fresh garlic, burgundy wine and canned whole peeled tomatoes and seasoning) served with ciabatta rolls. And a mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, spring mix wild baby field greens, shredded red & green cabbage, grated carrot, sliced mushroom cap, alfalfa sprouts, vine tomato, roasted sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and black olives) dressed with Good Seasons Basil vinaigrette.

Friday 3/16/12

Fried Flounder, steamed fresh baby spinach, mashed potatoes (with butter, chives and buttermilk).

Wednesday 3/14/12

Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with tomato sauce and fresh grated romano & parmesan cheeses. Mixed salad (red & green butter lettuce, red & green shredded cabbage, grated carrot, black olives, vine tomato and sliced mushroom caps) dressed with Good Seasons Basil dressing (dressing packet, EVOO, flax seed oil, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar), sliced almonds, McCormick Perfect Pinch and toasted sesame seeds.

Comment

• Pan fried cube steak, mashed potatoes and mixed salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X