What's your favourite meal and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite meal and why?

Mine is baked chicken with my Nan's 'Anything Sauce' slathered all over it. I named it anything sauce because it goes on anything and takes a meal from boring to wow instantly. For as long as I can remember my nan has
    Made delicious natural and organic home cooked sauces and marinades for her meals and
    It makes cooking so much easier.

I have started a campaign for her to bottle these tasty sauces as a new business adventure! It's her dream but I know she thinks it's to late!
    For a £1 donation she will send you this amazing sauce for you to try and instantly you'll be a new customer!
    You can find our campaign on Kickstarter under 'Grandma's Sauces' or simply Google 'Grandma's Sauces'.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-seasoning-and

Thank you so much for you help food lovers!
    What's your favourite meal and why.

BBQ meals.

I like smelling the truly authentic odor coming from the smoker as the meat cooks & smokes! And the BBQ sauce that I brush onto the meat when it is done!

I like making baked beans in the pressure cooker, which shaves off time-consuming hours doing it in the oven!! I always have the meat, baked beans, cole slaw & cornbread with it!!
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

I love fruit salads. It really doesn't matter what kind of fruit is in them. The only thing that matters is that they contain healthy nutritious fruits, I am always happy to eat them. It is healthy and delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
        BBQ meals.

I like smelling the truly authentic odor coming from the smoker as the meat cooks & smokes! And the BBQ sauce that I brush onto the meat when it is done!

I like making baked beans in the pressure cooker, which shaves off time-consuming hours doing it in the oven!! I always have the meat, baked beans, cole slaw & cornbread with it!!
        I'm with you, BBQ sauce and sweet chili sauce and meat, meat, meat. I don't think there is anything better than a good steak (except maybe a baked potato with sour cream WITH the steak). My wife teases me for being such a carnivore. I know it's real trendy right now to be a vegetarian, but there is no way I ever could. It's a good thing that she and I are both super healthy and can eat what we want.

Comment

I've since cut back on eating so much meat, and I'm eating more fresh fruits & veggies though, especially since I bought a high-power performance blender during the summer.

I've been making green smoothies for breakfast & lunch and having only one meal in the evening!!
          ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

My favourite meal is Huli-Huli Chciken its a Hawaiian recipe that is bloooody delicious! We smoke it, the pit barrel cooker comes with hooks so you hang it over the charcoal and its essential bastes its self as the juices run down it

Huli-Huli Sauce:
            • 1 cup pineapple juice
            • 1/2 cup ketchup
            • 1/2 cup shoyu sauce
            • 2 tablespoons chicken broth
            • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
            • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
            • 2 tsp sesame oil
            • 2 tsp minced ginger
            • 1 tsp minced Garlic
            11754788_10100294310466802_5501301147654320482_o.jpg
            Last edited by ChefBlue; 03-30-2017, 04:58 AM.

Comment

This thread is quite old, but I want to answer anyway! My favorite meal would probably be either the Japanese okonomiyaki (which is some kind of pancake) or the Korean bibimbap. Those were the first Japanese and Korean dishes I tried so they hold a special place in my heart :-)

okonomiyaki-on-the-griddle.jpg
              okonomiyaki

Bibimbap-009.jpg
              bibimbap

Comment

I agree on the Bibimbap. One of my favorites, especially if it is served correctly in the hot cast iron bowl.
                “If you are afraid of butter, use cream.”
                – Julia Child

Comment

Originally posted by ChefBlue View Post
                  I agree on the Bibimbap. One of my favorites, especially if it is served correctly in the hot cast iron bowl.
                  I know, right? It's amazing! I was really hesitant to try it at first since I'm not the biggest fan of rice to be honest, but I really grew to love it so much thanks to Bibimbap and Korean food in general!

Comment

Indian Curry is my favourite foods in the meal.

Comment

Cooked chicken pieces and mushrooms stirred into thickened tinned chicken and mushroom soup with rice, boiled potatoes or pasta. I canít explain why itís my favourite - itís just yum.

Gillian

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X