• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Friday and Easter 2012

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Tag Cloud

Tag Cloud Module
Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Friday and Easter 2012

If you observe Good Friday and Easter what are your plans? Will you share a meal with family and friends? Will you be staying home and cooking? Or going to someone elses house and bringing something?

It will just be my hub, DD's and myself.

Good Friday:

Baked stuffed clams
    Fried Cod Fillets
    Potato
    Caeser Salad
    Broccoli
    Stuffed artichokes

Easter:

Easter Meat pie (Pizzagaina)
    Colored eggs

Stuffed Mushrooms
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Sautéed mushrooms
    Mashed potatoes
    Gravy
    Asparagus
    Cranberry sauce

Cheesecake with cherry topping
    Last edited by tigerlilly; 04-06-2012, 09:36 AM.

Slight menu change.

Good Friday

Fried cod, stuffed artichoke, Caeser salad with homemade dressing and warm crusty bread

Comment

Good Friday sure looks yummy TL :P:P:P

Comment

Thank you LTB

Comment

That does look good, especially the artichoke - love them!

My entire weekend is built around cooking this year - we're taking a curry feast round to a friend's house tonight, so I spent most of yesterday making onion bhajis, in order to get flavoured oil, which I then used to make loads of curry gravy (about 15 litres of it- most destined for the freezer). This involved the use of a pressure cooker - which is new, and scares me, because I'm not used to them! Anyway, it didn't explode (thank goodness) and I have my curry gravy!

This morning I've started pre-cooking the lamb for one of the curries - that'll take a couple of hours, then I have chicken to pre-cook for another curry (think we're having lamb patia and chicken Madras), sheekh kebabs to make, some pakoras and dipping sauce, pilau rice (which can cool and get reheated when we arrive), cucumber raita, naan bread and poppodoms to get ready... and then I finally get to make the curries themselves, get changed, get it all packed up, and off we go

Tomorrow I'm planning steak and kidney pie with mash and peas, and then a roast chicken for Monday. Not at all traditional, but lots of our favourites in there!

Comment

Thank you DG.

Your meal sounds interesting. Have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

tigerlilly - whats your recipe for the artichoke ?

Comment

Originally posted by wynter View Post
                tigerlilly - whats your recipe for the artichoke ?
                I'll try to write it up and post soon.

Comment

i look forward too it! ive been wanting to make a stuffed artichoke for some time.

Comment

Easter Meat pie was breakfast

Cheesecake (will be topped with cherries when served) will be dessert.

Comment

tigerlily, you are the best cook ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Tangerine View Post
                        tigerlily, you are the best cook ever!
                        Thank you for the kind compliment.

Comment

Easter Dinner was roast turkey, stuffing, mashed jacket red potatoes (with butter, sour cream and fresh chives), microwave steamed fresh asparagus (with melted butter and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses), sautéed mushroom caps, jellied cranberry sauce and pan gravy.

Comment

This looks delicious but I don't recognize many of the ingredients Maybe because I'm from the different part of the globe. What is the white thing?

Comment

Originally posted by dimpykh View Post
                              This looks delicious but I don't recognize many of the ingredients Maybe because I'm from the different part of the globe. What is the white thing?
                              Which white thing?

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
                              X