• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite way to cook .... Vegetables?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Are Keurigs all they are hyped to be?
    WendyR
    I have had a couple people tell me that their Keurig coffee is the best tasting coffee that they've had at home. I haven't tried it yet. I don't want...
    3 weeks ago
  • WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    3 days ago
  • Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    4 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even I cook in the same manner. Most of the veggies cook in same way.

Comment

I prefer roasting as, it is quick, simple, and is an excellent way for cooking vegetables as it preserves the vitamins, flavors and minerals.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration tigerlilly. I am definitely going to try using the microwave for veggies. One thing I like to do is use lemon, I find that it helps me get away without using salt. I was wondering if there are special pairings of vegetables and particular spices that are matches made for each other?

Comment

I like to roast them with herbs, and I agree with the poster who likes to use lemon. So do I.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Braverman View Post
            Thanks for the inspiration tigerlilly. I am definitely going to try using the microwave for veggies. One thing I like to do is use lemon, I find that it helps me get away without using salt. I was wondering if there are special pairings of vegetables and particular spices that are matches made for each other?
            I like broccoli, EVOO and fresh garlic over pasta.

Comment

We have the same taste buds huh LOL. Steamed veggies, especially the leafy, are my favorites; they are more nutritious and sweeter.

Comment

Frying is my favorite method to cook.

Comment

I like steamed veggies like broccoli, corn, green pas or carrots. With a little butter & black pepper.
                  ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X