Baking on the Grill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking on the Grill

I have heard some people say that you can bake on the grill is that true? if so what all can a person bake on there?

I have used my grill as an oven many times. It is great on a hot day. I have a pretty big grill with a thermometer on the outside. All I do is heat up the grill with all the burners real hot. Then I turn off two of the burners on the side and that is where you place your pan to bake. The burners on the other side will keep the "oven" hot, but you DO NOT want heat directly under your pan or you will burn your food. This is called indirect cooking and it works beautifully. The thermometer on the outside of my grill tells me that how hot it is in there and that helps. Two burners running on the opposite side seems to get me to about 350 degrees consistently.

I have done baked BBQ Ribs and Peach Cobbler. Both turned out well.

Regards,
    Amanda

Comment

Wow thanks Amanda! That was really helpful. I think I will try baking something on my grill soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemom View Post
        I have used my grill as an oven many times. It is great on a hot day. I have a pretty big grill with a thermometer on the outside. All I do is heat up the grill with all the burners real hot. Then I turn off two of the burners on the side and that is where you place your pan to bake. The burners on the other side will keep the "oven" hot, but you DO NOT want heat directly under your pan or you will burn your food. This is called indirect cooking and it works beautifully. The thermometer on the outside of my grill tells me that how hot it is in there and that helps. Two burners running on the opposite side seems to get me to about 350 degrees consistently.

Regards,
        Amanda

Yeah, Alton has talked about and demonstrated that on Good Eats.
        ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!! http://www.cookingforums.net/core/im...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley Green View Post
          Yeah, Alton has talked about and demonstrated that on Good Eats.
          Alton Brown is great. His shows are very educational. I learn so much from watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by foodini View Post
            Wow thanks Amanda! That was really helpful. I think I will try baking something on my grill soon.
            Your welcome!

Comment

Hi Cookie Mom, that is a nice input you gave. I don't have stove yet, but i have a grill with thermometer in the outside, i was thinking if it is possible for me to bake in it, but never than it yet. But since you did it several time, I might just do it too. Thanks.
              Jack Beckam,
              Car lease

Comment

wow this is interesting...i never heard of baking on the grill...Im going to have to research this some more
                ________
                VF400F
                Last edited by LeMagnifico; 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

wow that is amazing, I never tried to bake on a grill before, I even never thought that it was possible.
                  Thanks for the idea
                  Annuity Ratings | Best Fixed Annuity | Index Annuity | Variable Annuity

Comment

I've heard of people baking a cake on the grill. Sounds so neat but I never attempted it myself. It's good to know that there is someone that actually tried it. Thanks for the tips cookiemom!

Comment

The grill is really a multi-tasker for cooking, baking and even smoking. Alton likes it for that very reason. FWIW, always make sure you have a back-up bottle of propane if you are planning for a sustained baking session. It's really frustrating to come back to the grill after 30 minutes or longer, only to find that your gas bottle ran out. Don't ask me how I know this...
                      Always searching for the perfect loaf of bread!
                      Recipes on my website at www.flyfishohio.us

Comment

really interesting! Thanks for the input!
                        Visit my recipe blog! But Mama, I'm Hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemom View Post

Regards,
                          Amanda

Comment

I make pizza on my barbeque by putting very cheap quarry tiles on the grill grate. It becomes a pizza stone.

Chef Todd Mohr
                            Chef Todd Mohr
                            http://www.WebCookingClasses.com

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of this before.

Comment

Hot Topics This Month

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X