• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Smell ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    1 week ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    2 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Can Openers
    GrillKing
    Our old electric can opener has finally died. We have had that thing for about 10 years now and want to get another one. My wife threw it out (because...
    2 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    Crockpot Spaghetti
    Aldiena
    Has anyone done this before? Depending on the type of pasta I get (and the brand) I can let it cook on low for about five hours and sometimes I can manage...
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat Smell ?

I just some ground beef from the store. I opened the package and it smelled like Eggs. The sulphur smell just does not smell right to me, this is the first time I have come across this from ground beef or any meat for that matter.

Are there things that can cause this smell? Cow's diet maybe or is the meat just bad?

Trying to get some information on this, the store had no clue. I returned the meat cause I Was on sure.

Any help would be great.

It sounds to me like you bought some meat that was rotting. It is good that you returned it.

My blog
    http://www.lisaopolis.com/

Comment

I didnt even know raw eggs had a smell. They only smell good when theyre scrambled in bacon.

Comment

I'd most definitely return this (well, I'd just throw it out because I'm too lazy).. I haven't come across a strange smell like that in meat before so I can't tell you if that's normal or not.

However, unless you bought a type of meat you haven't before, such as perhaps lamb or a small type of game, and it was just the usual ground beef for example, then chances are good that it was rotten..

Never take a chance with raw meat..

Comment

[User has been banned]

What do this mean?

I totally agree. Raw meat must not smell like that, if so, i'm sure there a contamination with it and it is likely rotting. Good you're careful about checking before any food intake.
          Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

[User banned for habitually posting spam]

What are you talking about?
            Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-12-2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emachines View Post
              What are you talking about?

I just banned him because he only wants to post off-topic spam. He's nothing but a spammer.
              Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-12-2011, 08:57 AM.
              ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsToCook View Post
                [User has been banned]

What do this mean?

I totally agree. Raw meat must not smell like that, if so, i'm sure there a contamination with it and it is likely rotting. Good you're careful about checking before any food intake.

I just banned him. Found out that he posted the same spamming post in other threads as well.
                ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

Yikes -sounds gone off!
                  Chef and catering recruitment

Comment

Cooking Tips n Techniques

Check out my new website with all new tips and techniques on cooking. Updates on the latest offers everyday. Coming soon Wine & Beer section and dieting tips! Also email me on athboyrfc@gmail.com if you wish to receive emails on special offers.

http://cookingtipsntechniques.blogspot.com/

Comment

Meat Smell ?

I don't cook much pork so this may be what pork smells like. I bought them shrink wrapped from the grocery store a few weeks ago and put them right into the freezer.I find that when they are shrink wrapped they always smell a bit off. I usually just wash them off and it seems to help.

sandwich delivery

Comment

is that a rotten meat or something? Or maybe they added a little preservatives on the meat.
                        My site: Annuities

Comment

Working...
                        X