• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giada De Laurentiis

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Tag Cloud

Tag Cloud Module
Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giada De Laurentiis

How do you guys like Giada?
    Her recipes are Italian with kinda of an American touch to them.
    My husband and I love her stuff.
    I have her cookbook Everyday Pasta and recently ordered Family Dinners.

Everyday Italian

I love to watch "Everyday Italian". Giada is a good teacher. She shows and explains what she is doing in her kitchen. I have learned a great deal about cooking from watching her cooking show. I've only been cooking and baking for the past two and a half years so I'm still a novice cook.

Comment

I think she's an excellent cook!

She cooks everything using that great authentic Italian flair!!

Comment

Giada is pretty good, my niece loves her and her recipes. I like many but not all of any. LOL

Comment

Giada is VERY pretty... I like her show too.

Comment

I like her and watch her "Everyday Italian" often. I've made several of her recipes with only one dud. It was one she did on the Today show a couple of weeks ago. It was a cannellini bean dip that was just so-so at best. Otherwise her pasta and other Italian dishes are really wonderful.

Comment

There used to be a sign in our local BBQ that read "Never Trust a Skinny Cook". That about sums up how I feel about Giada, but she does have nice teeth. You can see all 75 of them when she gets to smiling.

Comment

This is another post to ignore. I guess the poster isn't smart enough to know she/he isn't welcome here.

Comment

Giada really helped me figure out what flavors go well together when I was first cooking. I never did any of her recipes exactly(I would only do that with baking) but I did learn a lot from her tips and about ingredients I had never tried up until then. I also learned to put garlic in everything. For some inexplicable reason I've recently lost interest in her shows in favor of Gordon Ramsey's "The F Word".

That said, even without any masculine energy she knows exactly how to appeal to the male audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAutomaton View Post
                    There used to be a sign in our local BBQ that read "Never Trust a Skinny Cook". That about sums up how I feel about Giada, but she does have nice teeth. You can see all 75 of them when she gets to smiling.

Why don't you like her?

You make it appear as though she's some kind of a monster.
                    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 07-16-2009, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      This is another post to ignore. I guess the poster isn't smart enough to know she/he isn't welcome here.
                      DQ, I think you need to lighten up a bit, and realize that humor is part of life. You're beginning to sound like the Happy Valley people over on that website that bans people for trying to have a little bit of fun. If you don't care for humor, then read cook books and don't participate in forums where humor resides.

As for Giada, I find her recipes to be to my liking, and SHE likes to have fun with her cooking. She's also sweet eye candy for an old timer like me. A double gift, if you will.

Joe

Comment

She's already spoken for though.

Comment

And speaking of such, I visited the "Happy Valley" yesterday to see what was going on there. Don't get me wrong, I did not go there to sign back up and didn't.

Two or three members had a dispute with each other in the Alton Brown & Sandra Lee threads andtheyt got closed by yours truly, Kitchenscum.

The puke GB closed a thread there as well, but I forgot which one it was.

They don't warn you on the forum if you've done something that they think is wrong. But instead, to keep it off the forum so that it makes THEM look good in hopes of trying to attract new members and they don't see it, and then they send you a nasty pm, threatening to ban you if the supposedly wrong thing that you've done occurs again!!

That is what Mr. Sadam Hussein himself, GB did to me. They are justa trying their best to cleverly hide all of the pitfalls there just to get new members to join, and then as soon as a mistake is made, they treat you like a prisoner, and you become a slave to their boot camp ways!!
                          Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 08-02-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

That pretty much sums up the place. You added an eloquence that would be lacking if I described a visit there. LOL.

That's ok, they keep driving people away and sites like NCT and this site continue to gain from their foolishness. Andy sure found himself some head trips when he took on some of his mods and admins. For all we know, they might be relatives, which is why he won't replace or reprimand them.

Comment

Yeah, and another thing;

You hit the nail right on the head when you started calling that forum the "Happy Valley"!! Very fitting name for them.

Because they want to call themselves being so perfect over there - yet the only thing they all are perfect at being, are just a bunch of wolves in sheeps' clothing.

Because as soon as the opportunity presents itself, like a pack of hungry blood-thirsty wolves, they'll swoop down on people just for one little thing!

I've never in my entire life seen such a forum where more than half the members there are staff members who have a complete zero tolerence for a regular member telling them that they are wrong for something.

Ever stop to notice that for all those poor excuses for mods and admins over there, theirs heads have gotten ten times bigger, as they are definitely on a power trip? It would definitely give me pure satisfaction to see that forum fold and lose all their members.

Good luck to them and the Red Sox.
                              Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X