• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you try the recipes on TV?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    1 week ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    2 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    1 week ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    2 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Can Openers
    GrillKing
    Our old electric can opener has finally died. We have had that thing for about 10 years now and want to get another one. My wife threw it out (because...
    2 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    Crockpot Spaghetti
    Aldiena
    Has anyone done this before? Depending on the type of pasta I get (and the brand) I can let it cook on low for about five hours and sometimes I can manage...
    2 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you try the recipes on TV?

Do you try the recipes you see presented on TV yourself or do you just enjoy watching the show?
    Sometimes it's difficult to keep track of what you need or how to cook the recipe, but if you have a good memory you might catch something
    ________
    WEB SHOWS
    Last edited by Ralphy; 08-24-2011, 05:05 PM.

I think that that watching TV is a good way to delight your eyes, but you will have to buy a lot of ingredients so that you can cook those foods that are being cook on TV. Those recipes are far expensive for me. I would never cook anything that I see on the television simply because it is not practical.

Comment

I have never done it because most of the ingredient that is needed on making that recipe is too hard to find. I think that you can do a lot of recipe if you are rich. This is the only reason why you can go on experimenting on foods. You have the privilege because you afford them.

Comment

In my case I'll have to say it depends on the ingredients' price and finding difficultness level. I have tried a lot of recipes from TV cooking shows and was very impressed with the way some turned out. Most of the recipes seen on Tv are indeed not very practical. It's like the producer of the show simply picked something from a cook book and didn't spend too much time thinking if the audience can ever have the chanse to prepare such a dish. It's not often you watch a decent show on television these days.

Comment

When watch tv cooking shows half of the time I have never heard of the ingredients or are imposable to buy in a every day superstore.

Comment

When i'm watching tv and i see a delicious cake, i take a pen and a notebook and i'm waiting for instructions. In the end, i search for ingredients. If i don't find one of the ingredients i'm trying to improvize, but if many ingredients cannot be found, i give up.

Comment

I think that watching TV shows will not make you a good cook simply because most of the ingredients that they are using haven’t heard or not available in our local markets. It’s just a way to entertain you. Do you hear someone who gets good at cooking by watching a show?

Comment

I like to watch them a lot. They make me want to try them, because they look so good on screen but i don't always do.
                I do write them down, and so does my mum, but i cook what i see on tv very rare.
                I think it is because the complexity of the recipe. It always seems so complicated to follow..
                ________
                volcano vaporizers
                Last edited by she_cookie; 01-24-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I love cooking shows and sometimes I try the recipes. But I need to have the show taped first so that I can follow each step carefully and also know the ingredients and how much of them to use. Otherwise we are in a big mess. It's very challengin and I like this a lot.

Comment

I rarely watch TV cooking shows, and I have never attempted to make anything I have seen because they don't usually make thinks that I would like to eat. I don't like onions or garlic and I don't like spicy tastes so I guess I am pretty boring really.

Comment

I like to watch the shows, but I do not take notes. I haven't even thought of searching them on the internet. I just like to observe the technique...and the results. Plus, it's a great visual experience.

Comment

I also like to go to YOUTUBE and replay some of my favorite shows
                        Old people shouldn't eat health foods.
                        They need all the preservatives they can get.
                        -Robert Orben

Comment

I love these shows. I would watch them over and over again. I find myself interested in some recipes too and try them on my own. With a bit of an experience and some ruined meals, I was able to make progress. What I love more is that I can try new things I never thought I'd try. It makes me get over my limits and find new things I like

Comment

If I see something that is doable , and I mean not too many exotic things , I will give it a shot.

Comment

First of all, I don't really follow recipes strictly - I treat them merely as guidelines. But more importantly, I watch these cookiing shows for fun so I do not want to stress myself; TV make cooking sound so easy which is not the case

Comment

Working...
                              X