• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Levi Roots - Yay or nay?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• whisperkay
    Jack Pot
    whisperkay
    Hey guys. Since i'v got this recipe book, all my worries are gone. there is hardly any food recipe you will not find on this book.
    http://02f9d...
    2 hours ago
  • KelseyAnie
    star centre Aron Baynes
    KelseyAnie
    With a ticket to the round of 16 already booked, coach Andrej Lemanis made a pre-match decision to rest his two best performing players of the tournament,...
    9 hours ago
  • Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self?
    Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self? It is no secret that a lot of you are unhappy with the "new" CookingForums. There is a possibility that I can have the website reverted back t...
    Yes please!
    100.00%
    No thanks.
    0.00%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    4 days ago
  • Tyler
    Forum Software Upgraded
    Tyler
    Yesterday, I upgraded the forum's software to a release that just came out. It was supposed to have addressed a number of bugs and issues, but not many of them were...
    4 days ago
  • Trecey Thomas
    Kids Friendly Banana Cake Recipe????
    Trecey Thomas
    I usually make this easy and quick Best Banana Cake - Easy, Quick and Yummy. Please share some more Banana Cake Recipes....

2 cups - Flour...
    1 week ago

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levi Roots - Yay or nay?

Hi All

Was just wondering whether anyone was a fan (or not) of Levi Roots. I quite like spicy food and he has a book out called 'Spice It Up' - got a good write up on Amazon(.co.uk)

Any feelings on Mr Roots?

Thanks!

CF

I just Googled his name. Here's a pic of him. He's also featured on Wikipedia.org. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levi_Roots

I'm just willing to bet that he cooks his food way too spicey for me!! Reggae food is often spiced up to the hilt!!!

According to sources, he's a Jamaican / Reggae musician, TV personality, clebrity chef, businessman and a multi-millionaire. I'd say that he's very famous for his multiple talents.
    Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 06-20-2011, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Haven't tried any of the recipes (althought I've considered buying the book in question a few times) but his ready meals are amazing. Really flavoursome. They are quite spicy, but people who are really into spice would be disappointed with the ones I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
        According to sources, he's a Jamaican / Reggae musician, TV personality, clebrity chef, businessman and a multi-millionaire. I'd say that he's very famous for his multiple talents.
        Sounds like he's a busy guy! I imagine his sauces have a hint of Jerk to them. After my wife and I's trip to Jamaica we got really into Jerk seasoning. Good stuff.

Comment

Those 2 bottles of Reggae / Jerk hot sauce that he's holding in the pic above, must be FIREY hot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
            Those 2 bottles of Reggae / Jerk hot sauce that he's holding in the pic above, must be FIREY hot!!!
            It isn't 'hot sauce' it's a barbecue sauce, can be used as a marinade or a dip. But with 1.5% scotch bonnet chilli in it it's not exactly going to blow your head off. I mean they are a spicy chilli don't get me wrong, but with such a small quantity I can't see how this sauce can be any spicier than the other products I've already tried.

Comment

Missed the word; BBQ.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I really liked his sauces (although, as I'm not much of a TV person, I didn't know that it had anything to do with Dragon's Den). They even do a 'Reggae Reggae' sandwich at Tesco and Pizza at Pizza Hut (now that's some good partnering/marketing!)

I don't really know him as a 'house hold' name but thought as his sauces were nice his food might be too. By the looks of things he's still quite an unknown quantity but I do like spicy food so might just give it a go and let you know!

Thanks again.

Comment

I had the reggae reggae pizza from Dominos yesterday (partly because I was intrigued because of this thread, partly because it was the veggie pizza with pineapple that I've been waiting my whole life for!) and it was gooood!

It was as I suspected, tasty hot not spicy for the sake of it hot. I would deffo buy the sauce in the future for using with other things.

As for the book I think I might have a better look at it now.

Comment

I don't think that I've had any Reggae cuisine that I can remember. Unless haitian cooking is Reggae as well. I guess that I could cook it if I really were to give it a try.

I've had Haitian cooking though.

A former coworker who is now a friend of mine who IS Haitian, has been offering me some of his lunch, and he, also, makes his dishes kind of spicy. But I didn't complain, because it's not right to complain about something being offered to me. It's the thought that counts!

He really is a nice person!! He invited me over to his house for the Fourth of July, so I'm making something to bring over so that he can try out MY cooking.

Comment

Working...
                    X