• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresher Food

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresher Food

Hi guys!

I mentioned this in the introductions forum, but I don't know how many of you will check there. I would really love to give TV presenting a go, especially cooking programs. I've therefore done a few shows for my uni TV station, and I'd really like to know what you all think. Please have a look at my banoffee pie recipe at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGontmHckU

and let me know your opinions. Feel free to look at my other cooking vidoes too (search for 'fresher food' if you do)!

If this kind of thing is frowned upon please delete this thread, but it would really mean a lot to me if you were to check it out!

I watched a couple of these videos back when you first joined the forum - and I think they're great - and you'd be good on the telly!

Comment

Hi darkginger! How are you? I'm really glad you like the videos. Have you been cooking anything exciting recently? I made an asian pork belly salad and it was yummy! Stupid work means I can't cook as much as I'd like though

Comment

wow, you're really good in cooking! You're video is informative and amusing at the same time. I usually watch videos especially when I want to learn a new recipe.

Comment

I'm doing good, thanks - made shortbread biscuits for the first time (at my age!) yesterday - they came out really nicely, but were a pain to roll out, as the dough was so crumbly - have since read that it's easier if you chill it and roll between sheets of clingfilm. Live and learn! Other than that I've been experimenting with bread-making (have finally discovered the secret of a crispy crust) and dog biscuits (which are saving us a fortune).

I'll have to watch a few more of your videos for inspiration!

Comment

Really enjoyed the showreel, why not send it to an agent.

Comment

Yes good idea, send it to an agent, or directly to producers of television cookery shows.

Comment

Thanks guys! It means so much that you like it. It's very different people on here saying it's good compared to friends (who are always going to say that!). It kind of makes it more real.

I intend to do a few more when I have a bit of time over half term, and then I'm going to look at sending them on to an agent, as you suggested. It's just so difficult knowing where to start with this kind of thing

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmm, nice one

Comment

I was impressed by the video and think you have a great TV persona. However you need to lose the bracelet stuff which looks kind of awkward when your prepping and do something with your hair.

P.S The best way to crush biscuits is with a rolling pin and 2 sheets of baking paper. The mortar and pestle thing looked silly and inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Compbrake View Post
                      I was impressed by the video and think you have a great TV persona. However you need to lose the bracelet stuff which looks kind of awkward when your prepping and do something with your hair.
                      Agree with you, and also the nail polish...

The video is great ) keep up the good work.

Comment

Which recipe do you use for shortbread? I absolutely love it, but quite a few recipes use so much butter, that I'm too panicked to make them! Do you tend to roll the mixture into a sausage and cut it out or put it straight into a tin? Thanks, Darkginger!

Comment

Hey all, just to let you know I should be uploading a couple more videos over the next week now I have some spare time again. Any requests?

Comment

Pear tarte Tatin would be something to look forward too

Comment

Right, sorry for the delay but I stupidly misplaced the cable to connect the camera to the computer! Anyway, here's the next episode of Fresher Food - hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7-N3H19vw

Comment

Working...
                              X