• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Lady to Appear on Iron Chef America.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    3 weeks ago
  • Aldiena
    An excellent pot roast
    Aldiena
    What makes an excellent pot roast? I tend to get a little bigger one that I think I will need because no matter how I make it, it goes fast. Are there...
    3 weeks ago
  • GrillKing
    Do you follow the wine rule?
    GrillKing
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but I don't often follow the "white wine with white meats and red with red" wine rule. Do people still do that?...
    3 weeks ago
  • TeenyWeeny
    Inexpensive main dish ideas??
    TeenyWeeny
    I am hosting a party this weekend for upwards of 30 people (including kids) and I need some ideas for inexpensive main dishes. We are on a budget and...
    1 week ago
  • GrillKing
    Favorite party or potluck appetizer?
    GrillKing
    I know this might be a little old school, but my wife makes a 7-layer dip that is to die for. Yes, she has been making it forever, but I never get tired...
    4 weeks ago
  • breny
    Canned foods and dating
    breny
    Don't forget to date your cans ladies and gentleman. I had a friend ship me a few of her canned goods and nothing was dated so we ended up losing a few...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Lady to Appear on Iron Chef America.

First Lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to appear on Iron Chef America on Sunday, January 3 at 8pm, according to the December issue of Food Network Magazine.

She will reveal the Secret Ingredient that the chefs will use to prepare their dishes with. The special episode will run for two hours and is titled Super Chef Battle.

It will feature chefs Mario Batali teaming up with Emeril Lagasse against chefs Bobby Flay and White House chef Cristeta Comerford.

It will all go down on Sunday, January 3 at 8pm!
    ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Why?
    Always searching for the perfect loaf of bread!
    Recipes on my website at www.flyfishohio.us

Comment

Don't know why.

Should she not?
      ~BDH.

Comment

I would want to be on iron chef if I were her!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy's House View Post
          Don't know why.

Should she not?
          I don't see the fit with the First Lady and Iron Chef. She must be promoting SOMETHING.

Comment

Maybe because the white house chef is a contestant, or competitor or whatever they are called? Although I have no idea how that happened, or why.
            At any rate, that, I think, is the cool part. I wish the WH chef was competing on their own. It would be interesting to see how the chef for the prez, dignitaries, political high brow functions, competes against a celebrity chef.
            When life hands you lemons, make piccata!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowhound View Post
              Maybe because the white house chef is a contestant, or competitor or whatever they are called? Although I have no idea how that happened, or why.
              At any rate, that, I think, is the cool part. I wish the WH chef was competing on their own. It would be interesting to see how the chef for the prez, dignitaries, political high brow functions, competes against a celebrity chef.
              Hello, I got a shiny nickle that says he/she wins. Any takers? Heck, I'll even put a fiver on it. It's a setup. Obama's chef is too big to lose, just like GM, Chrysler, Goldman, yada, yada. This is a waste of airtime with a fixed outcome, IMHO. How does the chef possibly go back to the White House if he/she loses? Is this person not supposed to be the best of the best? Who else serves the POTUS but the best? You don't see Flay or Batali or Quazimoto or whatever his name is, cooking for world leaders do you? These guys are just going to roll over and let the chef coast thru without embarrassment. I'm surprised that FN even allowed itself to get sucked into this no-win situation. They would have been better off doing a special on the White House kitchen than risking the chef's reputation on cable TV. Bad Move all around.

Comment

From USA Today Online

What's wrong with this picture?

Name:  cf84878a4482e3e50440a67c54a6519a.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  23.0 KB

I guess Mario didn't get the memo they were doing a photo shoot at the White House that day No class.

Comment

There probably won't be a clear-cut winner.

I bet that it might end up being a goddamn tie!

Just like that time when Rachael Ray teamed up with Mario Batali and Giada team up with Bobby Flay. There was no winner and it was a friggen tie!
                  ~BDH.

Comment

I was thinking earlier that a tie might happen.
                    I didn't finish watching the episode you mentioned and didn't know that one ended in a tie.

Isn't that a stupid thing Mario did though? I don't care if you like the prez or not, showing up wearing orange crocs and matching socks is classless.
                    Well, unless he was trying to match the First Lady's outfit (lol). That's probably why his show doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

Yeah, everyone looks properly attired except for HIM.

Also, note Alton's outfit as well. Looks like it could stand some pressing with an iron!
                      ~BDH.

Comment

Maybe AB rode there on his bike ;^)

Comment

Dag, well standing in front of the White House to take a picture wearing shorts, orange clogs with matching socks, or a wrinkled outfit that's begging for an ironing is very stupid and distasteful for trying to look decent or properly attired if they want to make a mad impression on the Prez or his wife.
                          Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-01-2010, 09:06 PM.
                          ~BDH.

Comment

In all honesty, I doubt that they "showed Up" dressed like that. This was a photo shoot and I am sure that all outfits were chosen by whoever was in charge of the shoot. They are dressed to match their TV persona. Alton, nerdy, Mario in his trademark orange crocs, Bobby Flay in his Iron Chef attire, etc, Michelle Obama in her usual "I can wear almost anything and make it look good" attire.

In my opinion, I doubt that it will be set up for the White House chef to win, I doubt that it would be a big deal for him to lose. Just because you lose Iron Chef, doesn't mean that you are not an incredible chef!

I gotta agree though, Mario looks ridiculous. Even though this is becoming a more casual society, it is nice to see people put in at least a little effort when it comes to their appearance.
                            Check out my baking blog! bakingbetter.com

Comment

Mario dresses like that on his show? You said trademark orange crocs... I didn't know that. I'll let him slide maybe 20% then. lol
                              He looks like a tourist they plucked off the street and handed an apron. I didn't know that was his "look".

Comment

Working...
                              X