• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite cooking show?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Welcome to vBulletin!

Welcome to vBulletin! Module
Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

Latest Topics

Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KittyWilliam
    With regard to the absence
    KittyWilliam
    In what could be seen as a small consolation for All Blacks fans and certainly another embarrassment for organisers the World Cup host England and...
    23 hours ago
  • whisperkay
    Jack Pot
    whisperkay
    Hey guys. Since i'v got this recipe book, all my worries are gone. there is hardly any food recipe you will not find on this book.
    http://02f9d...
    1 day ago
  • KelseyAnie
    star centre Aron Baynes
    KelseyAnie
    With a ticket to the round of 16 already booked, coach Andrej Lemanis made a pre-match decision to rest his two best performing players of the tournament,...
    2 days ago
  • Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self?
    Tyler
    Do you want CookingForums to revert to its old self? It is no secret that a lot of you are unhappy with the "new" CookingForums. There is a possibility that I can have the website reverted back t...
    Yes please!
    100.00%
    No thanks.
    0.00%
    I'm not sure.
    0.00%
    6 days ago
  • Tyler
    Forum Software Upgraded
    Tyler
    Yesterday, I upgraded the forum's software to a release that just came out. It was supposed to have addressed a number of bugs and issues, but not many of them were...
    6 days ago

Advertisement

Advertisement Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite cooking show?

Hi guys
    I am forever watching uktvfood but i love the market kitchen programme on there and now that they have taken a break for the summer, i do miss them:-). apart from different chefs and cooking personalities, they also have different presenters with different styles which makes it an interesting show.
    what is your favourite show and why?
    X M

Mine would be Food Network. I like to watch Paula Deen, Bobby Flay or Guy Fieri (Sp?).

Comment

Favorite cooking shows on TV

My favorite cooking shows:

1. Guy's Big Bite (Guy Fieri)
      2. Tyler's Ultimate (Tyler Florence)
      3. Paula's Home Cooking (Paula Deen)
      4. Everyday Italian (Giada DeLaurentiis)
      5. Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten)
      6. 30 Minute Meals (Rachel Ray)
      7. Molto Mario (Mario Batali)

Comment

I'm a Jamie Oliver fan.

Comment

I loved Anthony Bourdain's A cooks tour - I've read the book as well. Great stuff.

Comment

Mine are Sophie Grigson & Jamie Oliver, both have very grounded approach to cooking, which makes it interesting. They really come across very well in both their books & TV.
            My way of cooking is very similar, that's probably why I like them.

Comment

Big Daddy's House (my #1 favorite!).

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Simply Delicioso

Chopped

Tyler's Ultimate

Throwdown

Emeril Live

Everyday italian

Barefoot Contesa

Good Eats

Will Work For Food.
              Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 05-10-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I enjoy Food Network and Paula Deen's Paula's Home Cooking. That has been my favorite.

Comment

Hells Kitchen
                  Chef at Home
                  and any restaurant makeover shows

Comment

I don't watch much TV anymore, but when I was young I loved watching the Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith. I liked his philosophy.

I will always adore Julia Child.

As for something current, I really agree with Jamie Oliver's mission to get people cooking.

Comment

The Swedish Chef (Muppets)

Comment

I love love LOVE Emeril!

Comment

I've gotten to liking Guy Fieri and his recipes. I love Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) not only for her wonderful recipes but because I like her very easy going, quiet attitude.

Can't handle, Emeril, he's a sloppy cook and too much show for my money. And why do we need to spend so much time with a band on a cooking show?

Paula Deen, that phony accent grinds on my nerves.

Mario Batali just can't stop talking and drives me nuts.

I watch Giada's show and especially like her Giada at Home recipes. But I have a hard time watching that constant, toothy smile.

I too miss Jeff Smith and my favorite David Rosengarten. The had the best recipes and no showoff stuff. [/B]
                          [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

I would like to watch these cooking shows

Tyler's Ultimate (Tyler Florence)
                            Paula's Home Cooking (Paula Deen)

Comment

Hell's Kitchen for the reason of Chef Ramsay. My boyfriend and I both like him a lot. He's not afraid to tell it what it is!

When I was a kid I used to love Justin Wilson. <3 Nobody else seems to remember him.
                              "Ah garrontee it."

I love cultural chefs.

Paula Deen for example--even though she looks entire too much like the Tooth Fairy on Shrek 3--yes in the south we use 7 sticks of butter. And that makes it 7 times as good as if it had been made with "I can't believe it's not", or margarine.

Justin wilson was a creole chef--mostly cooking boston butt roasts and other typical creole foods. Mmm.
                              and then at the end of his show, he would sit down and eat it.

Another neat thing about Wilson was the fact that whatever he made was 1 serving. It went on 1 plate and he ate it at the end.
                              Last edited by fabulousone; 04-18-2009, 01:10 PM. Reason: ..i had to add some junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X