• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We have detected that you don't have an account with us yet (or haven't logged in). We encourage you to register an account: it's free, and then you'll be able to post on the forum!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats! to Tigerlilly and Natt

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Hot Topics This Month

Hot Topics This Month Module
Collapse

• WendyR
    Are Keurigs all they are hyped to be?
    WendyR
    I have had a couple people tell me that their Keurig coffee is the best tasting coffee that they've had at home. I haven't tried it yet. I don't want...
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    What's on your menu this week.
    Semigourmet
    What are Y'all cookin this week?

Tonight I am going to make a Paprika Chicken with Brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes.
    then later...
    2 weeks ago
  • breny
    Has anyone given up soda?
    breny
    We try to be healthy but I have never kicked the soda habit. I cut down to just one a day, maybe two if it was the weekend and I was having an adult drink....
    3 weeks ago
  • Semigourmet
    6 Hour Pork Butt
    Semigourmet
    Servings 10

Ingredients

1 pork butt 5 to 8 pounds, bone in or boneless, fat cap trimmed to 1/8 inch...
    3 weeks ago
  • WendyR
    Do you tell them the food is awful?
    WendyR
    If you are eating at someone's home and you are served something that is particularly horrible, do you tell them, or suffer through it? I've done both...
    2 days ago
  • GrillKing
    Caramelizing onions
    GrillKing
    Okay, so maybe this is a standard "dude" question, but what are caramelized onions and how do they get that way? I have seen them used in some...
    3 weeks ago
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats! to Tigerlilly and Natt

Hey! I see you're both listed as Moderators now.

Congratulations to both of you. Tyler made wise choices is asking you to help Sherm with keeping the forum free of spammers. I think you'll both be great, and we'll all be able to enjoy our friends here a little more.

Good Luck!
    OMG! I decided to blog!

Originally posted by SilverSage View Post

Congratulations to both of you. Tyler made wise choices is asking you to help Sherm with keeping the forum free of spammers. I think you'll both be great, and we'll all be able to enjoy our friends here a little more.

Good Luck!
    Thank you SS.

Comment

Thanks SS!!

Comment

Good Luck!

That's right, SilverSage, and thanx!

More strength against relentless spammers!! They've really met their match!!
        ~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds Awesome, Congrats!
          Check out my baking blog! bakingbetter.com

Comment

I must say, in the last week, spam and spammers have really dropped off. You guys are doing an awesome.

Now maybe some of the old posters will return...............
            OMG! I decided to blog!

Comment

Thank you SS

Comment

I was asked to be a moderator on one of the sites that Leni and I go to and I did take the job for about a month or so. Then they got a new server and had to rework everything out and I declined to be a moderator. The reason is. I just don't have enough time to devote to these duties. I tried to relate to the owner of the website the more moderators easier the job is for everyone and it is vacation time safe Fourth of July. A lot of times these moderators will be out of town and nobody to watch the board. So I say the more the merrier. Congratulations to both of you new moderators keep up the good work. Oh, one other thing I wanted to say here when I was moderating. I do not have the power to ban a IP address so that made it harder do the job. You would just delete their posts and they'd be right back, frustrating to say the least. The owner of that site didn't want to hear what I had say she's a nice lady and very well-versed in food preparation and catering just all-around general foodie. I will get off my soapbox now. Congrats to both of you.
                Last edited by Guts; 02-12-2012, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I must say, in the last week, spam and spammers have really dropped off. You guys are doing an awesome.

Now maybe some of the old posters will return...............

Thanx!

I hope so.
                  ~BDH.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                    I was asked to be a moderator on one of the sites that Leni and I go to and I did take the job for about a month or so. Then they got a new server and had to rework everything out and I declined to be a moderator. The reason is. I just don't have enough time to devote to these duties. I tried to relate to the owner of the website the more moderators easier the job is for everyone and it is vacation time safe Fourth of July. A lot of times these moderators will be out of town and nobody to watch the board. So I say the more the merrier. Congratulations to both of you new moderators keep up the good work. Oh, one other thing I wanted to say here when I was moderating. I do not have the power to ban a IP address so that made it harder do the job. You would just delete their posts and they'd be right back, frustrating to say the least. The owner of that site didn't want to hear what I had say she's a nice lady and very well-versed in food preparation and catering just all-around general foodie. I will get off my soapbox now. Congrats to both of you.

I was a moderator at 2 skyscraper forums.

I was a super mod at both. one of them, the admin had demoted me to global mod, all because someone who was also a super mod, had decided to go exploring and screwed up the forum.

Meanwhile, some of my old nemises came to spam & troll the board! All that I could do was delete their crap, and they would come right back and do the same thing all over again!! The board was eventually closed up.

The other one was all of a sudden closed up for seemingly no reason at all!

On my forum, I can ban IP addresses if I need to. Here, we can't but we xanh ask Tyler to do it if there's a relentless spammer who has been banned, but refuses to leave us alone.
                    ~BDH.

Comment

Working...
                    X